Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Pay Rent?

lol I've got to admit when I first thought to ask this question I had hoped to find more than 20% of answers to be more positive Even 10% would of been expected but as it happens it seems that the only true winners here are those that subsidize their day time jobs with some small wins from time to time.

Going on holiday sounds like a one off big to medium size win.

I enjoyed that post.

All the posts in this thread are Quailty, thank you for your replies, Ive clicked like on all of you that have replied as a thank you for taking the time...

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's not only my sours but it's helping me a lot
it is not a good idea to rely on our life based on poker
poker is probabilities and the pro player lose much time and broke

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Yes, lately I am getting a profit from the game. In my opinion, this is a great advantage when you do not spend money on the game, but on the contrary, gradually increase your bankroll. I hope that gradually, I can also increase the profits that I manage to get from the game.
Good luck.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to think very few people can make a consistent living playing poker. Obviously the best players in the mid-high stakes can do it. But even twitch streamers likely have to rely at least to some degree on twitch subs, ads, other forms of revenue to make their living...I can't see their poker winnings being enough.

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, still playing for fun. Maybe I'll play for money one day but still for fun. Not to pay the bills.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It pays for the asprin I get for the headaches from playing. So it is a break even endeavour, a labor of love if you will.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is far away from paying my rent,but who knows,maybe one day.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it would be great if the game of poker gave more income than work. Dreams, dreams. But I want to believe it.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker does not pay my rent, I play for the love of the game. Iwould love to make more money playing but I enjoy it so much that it is okay.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's great if one can pay a rent just by playing poker, but I would seriously advise anyone not to focus all of their life to poker. Also, when played as a hobby, it is played more relaxed, so better results are more likely to happen.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to see someone who does on stream, watch shipdontdie

he claims this to pay his mortgage and bills each month, its pretty impressive as he plays low stake but youll also get a idea of the stupid crazy amount of time and volume you have to put in

but it will give you an idea if you think this is better than a job LOL . Id go crazy trying to do that,

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well...

paying the rent? probably not im not brave enough to take the risk. im disabled so this is just a little extra income here and there to supplement not working. if I need to pay for something coming up like a vacation I can usually do that on the tables as long as I have a little notice.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you want to see someone who does on stream, watch shipdontdie

he claims this to pay his mortgage and bills each month, its pretty impressive as he plays low stake but youll also get a idea of the stupid crazy amount of time and volume you have to put in

but it will give you an idea if you think this is better than a job LOL . Id go crazy trying to do that,
Yeah I've seen some really great twitch.tv poker players who it seems they are always in the bubble and earn more than they spend I suppose that's the way to go... But the pressure of having an audience also must be stressful lol or no different from playing live tournament... Vanessakade is awesome on twitch.tv bit of a heart throb too lol... 😁

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems like a daunting task when I look at the scope of what is needed to pay bills playing poker. But currently a dream not a reality. Some day perhaps …

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now poker for me is more of a hobby that brings a small income, but in I plan to devote a lot of time to improve my game and increase the income from poker!

A

Ak907native

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay my bills before gambling. Besides like most every answer I see, it's recreational. great past time.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't think you will find many CC members play for a living , it's a forum which offers many freerolls so that says a lot. But there are many members they won some very juicy winnings!

As for me I also treat poker as a hobby and it generates me some profit but I really haven't withdraw nothing yet.Just keep playing!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!!!about such positions remains until only dream), perhaps when any our dreams come true and we will the most happy people on the planet earth!!!and while workout,workout and more time training!!!good luck!

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd love that some day Poker pay me rent but meanwhile mostly I pay to poker in total.
PS People pls could you explain me How to creat a THREAD here at CardsChat ?
Make sure is it's the right category to. I can attest to that.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play to relax and forget the problems of everyday life.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally I would say no, but could it? I would say I could pay a couple of my monthly Bill's with it.... probably my cable and cell phone bill.... granted if I did pay those every month with my poker winnings I wouldnt be building a bankroll to be able to pull more profit in the long run.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I read the messages, no one earns (. But I read about those to whom poker brought financial freedom, though I did not see one personally.))

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To talk about it seriously about everything, poker must be taken as a job, not a hobby.

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play strictly for fun and to make a little spending money. Trying to pay the rent would make it job and probably not too much fun anymore