Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I ask this because I am retired, and what I receive from the government of my country, it pays my debts and there is never any leftovers, so I have to supplement that by doing extra jobs. I would like to have that extra gain in poker, but it's difficult, because I'm an amateur player and I don't have the courage to invest in a professional career. Leave your comment?
A hug to all and good luck at the tables.:(

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, it doesn't, I play hard but it is very difficult with how competitive poker is.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
An old saying sais: never gamble money that you don't afford to lose... so... that answers your question :p

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on how you know how to play. I only have enough for candy.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no, there is no such thing :)), poker is just a game of relaxation for me :), if I happen to win something super:)

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ask this because I am retired, and what I receive from the government of my country, it pays my debts and there is never any leftovers, so I have to supplement that by doing extra jobs. I would like to have that extra gain in poker, but it's difficult, because I'm an amateur player and I don't have the courage to invest in a professional career. Leave your comment?
My suggestion - if you find it "difficult" don't even think about it. Play for fun. If it starts to get easy then reconsider.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in living on debt so I have none.
Poker helped me buy new laptop tablet and phone though.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pagar deudas

hello . to pay debts not because I don't have them. but if to give me some pleasures or buy something for my house. The fridge recently broke and I bought a new one. and it helps a lot in my economy

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
I have never increased my poker income. sometimes the income increases. and then I lose it. But I still can't live without poker

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I don't think so, I face Poker as fun to spend my time, if you are looking for some activity to have profit should invest your time in something better.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont make enough to pay off any debts.

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope. I play for fun though and don't risk money I don't have (I am also on state benefits). I slowly build bank roll from freerolls and small buy-ins, and use that to further improve my game and enjoy the experience. Neither am I a lucky player although I am not a great player, I am not a poor player either, but I don't play expecting to make a living. If that ever happens, I'll be more surprised than anyone, lol

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker could help me a lot more.

Good afternoon everyone, yes poker helps me pay off some debts, I've heard a lot, but the best I've heard is, anyone can make money playing poker, the hard thing is to live off poker. I'm always winning and everything I win I end up withdrawing, the correct thing is to always leave this amount in the cashier and keep playing and increasing the bankroll and playing mtts with higher entry value, keeping in mind that you have the bankroll to play more expensive mtts and knowing you profitable in those limits.

MrrrRock

MrrrRock

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in not small percentage of the cases poker helps you to create debt :D
im kidding (partly)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can be tough to make money when you first start out. Goal should be to spend both time playing and learning away from the table. This is a great forum to learn, ask questions and participate in tournaments. Don't be shy to post hands and look for advice. What you do with winnings is just gravy.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are smart about your playing habits, practice good bankroll management and play disciplined poker then yes it can help pay off some debt. I wouldn't recommend relying on it solely for your income but it can be a great side income! Best of luck.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not play poker to try to supplement income....it's a past time hobby...it doesn't make sense playing out of need.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Not yet.
But I believe that I will be able to achieve this goal in the future.
Currently, poker brings me an average of $ 60-80 a month. This is obviously positive, but it is not enough yet.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Poker is best enjoyed without this type of mindset.

Paradoxically, if you release yourself from the necessity of earning money from poker, that is when you can truly earn money from poker. ;)

For me, I have an understanding that I posses an ability to "put myself in profitable situations" by pure stratagem (or probability efficiency). To say it another way, I continue to "take good bets" on the poker table. The results will fluctuate (sometimes violently) but if the odds were correct, the decision was correct.

I leave the results to do what they do, and I do what I do. :)

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have earned on poker money to buy new sunglasses.In poker I am not earning some really big money but I earn enought so I can buy some really usefull things which I will really need in my life.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning in poker is difficult but if you have patience maybe you could build bankroll little by little.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
don't you dare put money if you can't afford to loose it.
when i play in cash game, the money i bring at the table doesn't exist for me in my bankroll
if i win it's good, and if i loose it that doesn't matter because iset my mind that i don't have it