veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
It definitely did previously. This year not so much cos I haven’t played so much this year

CheckDisOut

CheckDisOut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not, it's work similar to other jobs, doing things right makes your career in long term.

S

scuxbr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a lot of free material to study about poker, you don't have to start investing. First see what type of game you like, whether it's tournaments, cash games, sit go..
then look for free materials on the internet.
after you are more advanced, then I look for something that adds some paid course.

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
It'll put you in more debt that's for sure, if you rely on gambling to pay off your debts that's a problem

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I ask this because I am retired, and what I receive from the government of my country, it pays my debts and there is never any leftovers, so I have to supplement that by doing extra jobs. I would like to have that extra gain in poker, but it's difficult, because I'm an amateur player and I don't have the courage to invest in a professional career. Leave your comment?
A hug to all and good luck at the tables.:(
It is deplorable to live in a country where pensions are not enough even to pay off debts. I myself live in such a country. The main thing is that you have time to learn poker. Watch more educational videos, read articles about poker, and over time your game will improve and you will be able to earn money with poker. Good luck to you!

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nope, you have to play this without thinking that you need to pay off debts or else you are going to play bad

just play freerolls and take it from there

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all, just like one person said, it actually helps me increase my debts ... lol.

I love poker, and I consider myself to be quite good at it (although, I'm just a mere insect compared to the great ones here in CC)... but even at my skill, I cannot rely on poker to pay my debts, let alone pay my bills, food, rents, etc... That's why I only play poker as a hobby, and I have a job which pays for everything else.

I believe the people who actually live "well" off poker account for 0.0001% of the total poker comunity, and the pros are at 0.00001%... so that says a lot.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not for now, I want to be more committed to being able to get far in the tournaments and make that my income.
But I know that I still have a long way to go.

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will only help if your a professional, have the study, the discipline, the bankroll management and the skills that make you a PROFESSIONAL.

Otherwise ur just gambling money you cant afford to lose, in the hopes to pay debts, that´s a recipe for disaster.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It doesn't help me with my debts, because I don't have debts, but one day it will give me paid vacations hahaha

ponistra7

ponistra7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I could pay off my debts by playing poker, but I'm not such a good player. I play poker for fun and with small stakes. I think that poker as a job can pay off debts, but as at any job you must have a knowledge and skills.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it is difficult for an amateur to win a lot, the competition is great. But with the proper approach to bankroll management, you can earn a little extra money and pay off small debts.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I ask this because I am retired, and what I receive from the government of my country, it pays my debts and there is never any leftovers, so I have to supplement that by doing extra jobs. I would like to have that extra gain in poker, but it's difficult, because I'm an amateur player and I don't have the courage to invest in a professional career. Leave your comment?
I don’t have it for a long time so I don’t need to eat it, but I, like you, don’t invest in poker, I’m an amateur player, but at the same time I earn money, so you need a little patience and experience and everything will work out for you, you will get rid of a long time

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't make enough from poker to pay off anything, mainly in it for fun

Vrotebal

Vrotebal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rather, poker helps other players pay off their debts

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, it creates them. Damn credit cards!

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
You should invest on learning first.
Poker is profitable only when you have an edge on the average player.
Gl at the tables

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't have extra capital to play poker at higher stakes, you can try to build a bankroll from freerolls, and CC could be of great help with its fantastic freerolls.
You can start building a bankroll from the possible winnings, which you can also find help with in the forum here at CC.
Good luck.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh.. sounds like a wasp nest this. Trying to pay off debts from poker.. is the same as trying to pay off debts by gambling.. or playing the lottery. No good can come of it.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I started this topic on 4/8/2022, I was thinking about becoming a poker pro, to have an extra income and because I have plenty of time to play, but I would have to invest in my career at the beginning.
After thinking a lot, I decided to stay as an amateur player, because as a professional I would have to play at more tables at the same time, to have a better profit and not suffer from the variance.
The head doesn't help much anymore to play so many tables.:ROFLMAO:
Thank you for everyone's support and comments.:)(y)

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good friend I also live in the same country and here everything is very difficult.
but I see that you want to live off poker or even at least be able to pay your bills with poker.
it is possible yes it is possible but it takes time and a lot of willpower because poker is a very difficult sport.
but study a lot about poker dedicate yourself and above all bankroll management because this goes for everything in life have control over what you spend
and good luck everything will be ok have a lot of faith

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good friend I also live in the same country and here everything is very difficult.
but I see that you want to live off poker or even at least be able to pay your bills with poker.
it is possible yes it is possible but it takes time and a lot of willpower because poker is a very difficult sport.
but study a lot about poker dedicate yourself and above all bankroll management because this goes for everything in life have control over what you spend
and good luck everything will be ok have a lot of faith
I've given up on the idea, the head isn't working so well anymore.:ROFLMAO:

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I'm happy that I don't lose money in poker. But for the moment I can't dream to earn enough to pay my bills