Does poker have to rely entirely on luck?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course, poker requires luck and you can win the game at the right time in poker, especially when there is a big pot of poker and you win it then, but over the long run, the one who has studied poker and knows how to play wins, and his skills will be visible over long distances, he will beat you

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
No, poker involves a combination of skill and luck. While luck influences the cards you're dealt, skill in strategy, reading opponents, and decision-making can greatly impact the outcome. Successful players often employ a mix of both elements.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
game psychology and knowledge is also important. in live game if you can convince the opponent you have a better hand then them through table talk you can
In my opinion, luck is an integral part of poker, if you lack luck, 99.99% of you can lose. But it is not the most important thing, because in poker there are many things that you need to cultivate knowledge and have the courage to see the problem. Poker knowledge and skills are much more important than luck
I guess you've never bluffed a hand!!

B

burba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
Luck will maybe help you in the short time but in the long time average your skill will be important.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It certainly doesn't just depend on luck, it depends on the variance, "the die is cast" there will come a time when you will have to "flip the coin" depending on the situation, but if you are a good and constant player it will depend much less lucky...
do you enjoy coin flips? I've just come to accept them. sucks when you're deep in a tournament but necessary if you ever want to win imo.

yukie

yukie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a game of luck, but it does not entirely depend on luck.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
some knowledge some skill and a whole lot of luck

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
No, not entirely on luck, but it sure helps.

(y)

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we're talking about a tournament, then you are going to almost certainly need a little luck at some point in order to win the whole thing.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
luck is part of it but a lot of skill is deffo needed

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think there is luck. it either happens or it doesnt. i play percentages, seems to work fine for me.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe luck plays the predominant part of the game. Unless you are a very bad player. Basically you cannot win without receiving good cards and hitting the board.

kosha_

kosha_

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A skilled player should feel what cards opponents have, observing their bets and behavior at the table. Have your own strategy - Of course, good luck...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not based on luck if it was you wouldnt see the same players winning year after year.

Luck may be a factor but the good players overcome it.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Luck is important but without luck you can win too but if you depend solely on it you will almost never win.

broncho

broncho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
In poker, luck does play a role in the short term since you can't control the cards dealt. However, in the long run, skill becomes a crucial factor. Skilled players make strategic decisions, read their opponents, and understand the mathematics of the game. While they might lose individual hands due to luck, their overall skill allows them to consistently win over time. It's akin to life, where things may not always go as planned, but with skillful decision-making, success can be achieved in the long term.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, as in every game there is the variable of luck, but this does not define a good player, discipline such as patience, skills and sanity are essential to improve and become a good player.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
There is always a balance between luck and skill in your discussions, the first being decisive "as if" and mentioned as an important factor. From my experience as a loser😉 where can you Learn if you are open-minded, only the game of the experienced and with good results, is the one that just needs to be adjusted for the better. You don't have to wait for luck, you have to attract it, anyway it will come when you do it right and we have to take advantage of these small matches, they are the source with which you will continue until the next step.
Blah, blah, blah I'm starting to hate this😃

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
It's a skill game with a large luck component. Over long periods of time skill will win out, but luck dominates in the short term.
You got to know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
No . There is strategy and tactics and the Art of Deception and above all a lot of patience.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't think that's the case, as time goes by skill is more important than luck. Maybe luck will help you at some point but it won't always be like that.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
its important to win a tournament to have luck u have to win ur all ins the ones ur ahead , some ur behind , and flips but is a variable in long terms is better to be a good player than a lucky one

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course not ..it all depends on your way to aproach the game , you can play by instinct and luck or you can study just a little bit and try to learn some basic stuffs and plays that are made in the game of poker and based on those and with a little bit of luck you can start winning some tournaments and how knows , it could change your life ...better , hopefuly :)...Cheers !!!

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Luck is part of the game, but you should not rely entirely on it.
You must learn and acquire skills to win at poker