Does poker give you pleasure?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a mix of emotions, most of the times I feel good when I play poker, specially when I win of course. I still get angry when that bad beat happens when I'm deep in a tournament, but not as I used to be.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if I win. And so it's just a waste of time and nerves

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last year I was on tilt and I began to get very little pleasure from the game. After a break of several months, the feeling of pleasure returned as much as possible, from adrenaline even trembling appears and the heartbeat increases. Friends, take a break in time to get the most out of the poker game !!

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does, it is a good way to relax and it's a good hobby to have.

GDubs13

GDubs13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heck NO!!! JK kinda...

Ha I thought this question was a very difficult one when I first read it and was super curious on what others in the thread had to say. For me I would say that it is 50/50 some days I am getting pleasure out of it and other days I am definitely not. I mean on occasion even a single day, if I play for a while, can become a bit of a roller coaster. I know I am realizing more and more the more emotional I become about it means the faster I need to stop playing (and come back later or tomorrow)! And lately I have really been getting my butt kicked and have not been getting much pleasure out of the game. I do still really enjoy it for the most part though, and a driving force for me is knowing that one day I will become a far more well rounded poker player and actually be able to say to others and to myself that I am a good player. I believe when that day comes, as long as I do my studying and put in the work, in growing my knowledge and skill within the game, I will then get far more pleasure out of the game than I will feel heartbreak or defeat. I think this is because poker is definitely fun, but poker is sure a lot more fun when you are winning and seeing that bankroll grow!

-Grant S.:jd4:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, of course poker gives me pleasure. Otherwise, I wouldn't play just for the money. Honestly, there are many much simpler options for making money than playing poker.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just like it, otherwise I didn’t play neg

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It gives me some pleasure, otherwise why play. However, I am getting old and nothing gives me a lot of pleasure, but a little bit of pleasure from playing poker is nice.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, poker gives me peace and I feel good playing it regardless of the results, I am happy at a poker table.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Poker isn't just a pleasure, it's a set of visible and hidden emotions, good and bad. I think poker is the only game that excites all human emotions except intimacy;)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Definitely a pleasure, but on one condition, if luck accompanies me:)

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think poker is a joy, it’s about winning the game. And since I rarely win, more annoyance than a pleasure.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t think poker is a joy, it’s about winning the game. And since I rarely win, more annoyance than a pleasure.

You play great. I always enjoy when I have the opportunity to watch how great you play. :D

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over time, it becomes some kind of obsessive business.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play great. I always enjoy when I have the opportunity to watch how great you play. :D

I'm glad you at least enjoy it.
That’s why I enjoyed today’s $ 300 freeroll. Until they took my ace card with a pair of 2s.
Anyway, I guess I’ll never learn to play poker, but luckily I don’t have to make a living from it. And this level is enough for fun.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in fact it brings me feelings of pleasure as well as frustration, but for me it brings more moments of distraction, especially in the moments we are experiencing today!

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes yes, sometimes no when i have bad beats.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. The pleasure comes primarily from the feeling of improving both in the game and in life.

D

deadguy2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing online poker stresses me out sometimes. I always change up my music if I start feeling down and out.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker wasn't so satisfying , it wouldn't be so popular.) I get pleasure when I win something more or less big and some satisfaction)