Does poker give you pleasure?

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The very process of the game is simply not likely-it makes you tremble.So many emotions-so much character I don't see in more than one game.Poker is really a 100% game!

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the last 2 years poker has not given me pleasure, only anger and irritation. Now I am at zero and I am not going to make a deposit.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, playing poker is really fun, especially if you win.:)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course poker gives me a pleasure, especially when it's my lucky day.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Yes for sure. Do you agree?

No it dont unless by pleasure you mean knocking out players in tables who are basically **** for whatever reason lol

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

As simple as your question might appear, the answer is actually more complicated than we could think at first. The pleasure you get from playing poker is definitely NOT like the one you get from food, from listening to music or from sex for example. We, poker players, certainly get some kind of satisfaction out of playing. It's a combination of frustration, weird emotions, "pleasure", anger, euphory, regrets and so on, a mixture of feelings we can recapitulate as "ups & downs" in charge of our adrenaline knobs.
If that's what you call pleasure, then of course YES is the answer. But it's also worth mentioning that not all people can handle that kind of pleasure, those would understandably answer NO to your question.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for me is adrenaline, not pleasure.:)

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the mood of the day, but basically I agree.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the most part yes. Not been to many times it hasn't been enjoyable.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Poker gives me great joy, and the occasional frustration as well

Like all good things in life it gives me a wide & full range of experiences :)

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only when I am winning!

Really having a hard time for the past 4 days and I find myself getting very upset. The good thing that comes out of this is it makes me study the game more in hopes of becoming a better player.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker brings a feeling of calm and joy into my life, a day without poker is as if I would have died, that's why I always play at least once a day, even if it's just a short game.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure if it's pleasure I get from playing poker. I do get excited no matter if I winning or losing. One's good and the other is not so good. It also makes me want to learn as much as I can in order to get better. That's about it. GL to you

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't find this question so easy, yes of course I like poker and when I win then I also feel joy but that's not always the case and now I am losing more than winning so I shouldn't really be happy about it. But I always try to see the game as a whole and try to learn from my mistakes when I made mistakes. Sometimes when I see how some people win with scrap cards then I have to laugh about it, even if I lose to such people myself with the probably best hand, so it gives me fun at the moment. I find the game of poker always exciting and yes it brings joy in one way or another.

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if I'd say poker gives me pleasure per se, but I do get enjoyment out of it. I find it intellectually stimulating and a challenge. Something about it also serves as a great distraction and way to focus my mind from IRL troubles.

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pleasure yes, as long as I win, but mostly it gives me stress

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely.

It's a way for me to unwind and focus on one immediate task, while still providing that rush that poker is so good at supplying.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

If I enjoy playing poker for many reasons, a ground wire is a positive distraction.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the moments when we get the best hand against the villains and we are left with the pot ahahaha. It also generates nerves and logical anxiety of the game but yes, there are doubts that it gives pleasure.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my case - yes. Poker always gives me pleasure. I play for fun, but still I try to play right and avoid mistakes. I don't like bingo, I like to win due to my own experience and skills.