Does playing stressed poker get in the way of you?.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it has not been satisfactory to play stressed.
I end up eliminated quickly or if it is in cash tables I lose money easily.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there's no way, it's the worst thing there is, suddenly you're well in the game and you get stressed, if that was all you had built up to that moment.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Stress is an unavoidable fact of our lives. Without stress, it is unlikely that we would be able to survive, let alone invent poker and learn how to play it. Although stress cannot be avoided, it is in our best interest to control their number in our lives. To do this, you need to strengthen both the mind and the body in order to adequately resist them. An excessive amount of stress can lead to very unpleasant consequences. Stress does not interfere with my game.

A

ACE448

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find I have enough courage to play the big plays as and when I think they're appropriate. For me, I play best when calm and relaxed. Bad beats don't get to me though as I fully understand it's a part of the game. I never feel hard done-by, because it happens to everyone. A little bit of stress is healthy for anybody...but playing stressed because you're struggling to meet the bill payments or neglecting other areas of your life just isn't right in my eyes. There's healthy stress and then there's unhealthy stress. No-one ever makes a better decision with the latter.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can get out of the tournament altogether because of stress, where I still have enough chips, when you feel that the game is starting to mock you and bad hands are happening, I'd rather not play but go for a walk

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yea! I get in the way a lot, I do a lot of nonsense, now when I'm stressed I don't even start playing or when I'm playing and the stress starts to hit I close the section

"Poker is an unpredictable game, with the turn of one card you can become a millionaire. And with the turn of the second card you can become a beggar"

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always, the best way is to be as calm as possible and thinking about each move.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i'm stressed, playing poker, then there is no doubt I will lose. I advise anyone that is stressed out, due to whatever reason, not to play poker, get some fresh air instead.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I'm stressed is when I play better for even because I have more courage to risk a move and I feel more when players are bluffing.
Do you play better or are you luckier?

For good long term development you need to have considerable skill and the main thing in my opinion to win at poker is mentally fine.

Just when you're in a "stressed" condition, it's a degrading state of mind, so I can't see a profitable player having a mental state like that.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I lost 700bb in 2 days, stress begun

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only when playing much higher than usual.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I'm stressed is when I play better for even because I have more courage to risk a move and I feel more when players are bluffing.
For me playing stressed is terrible brcause I just start pushing with nothing in hand and just hope for luck, it kills my game all the time. The only thing I can do is walk away from the screen and come back later after I cool down.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't play under stress, I make mistakes and take a lot of risks.:confused:

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not good to play stressed poker, it is possibler to make the worst decisions

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play only freerolls or very small stakes so poker is destress for me

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm stressed, I have too many other things going on in my head to concentrate on poker. The best time is a relaxed Sunday or when I'm on vacation, then I can fully focus on the game and am more successful on average.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe so, poker you have to have a good head to play your best game!