Does playing stressed poker get in the way of you?.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been used to poker for a long time. Therefore, there is no reaction to the situation at the table. I play calmly as if nothing special is happening.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

The truth is that yes, all the best charges I've had in this game, except one, I've had them while I was playing having some personal problem, I play almost every day and just when I wanted to leave this, I got a big charge and It gave me confidence.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Stress is an unavoidable fact of our lives. Dealing with stress is a high-stakes game in which we risk losing more than just our bankroll. our life. Even if poker money is not your only or main source of income, the level of uncertainty and volatility in short-term poker can make you seriously question your ability to play it. The answer to how to manage stress is painfully simple. Until your problem becomes severe enough to require medical attention, all you need to do is make sure your body and mind are strong and healthy enough to be able to minimize the potential negative effects of stress.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker brings me pleasure and only positive emotions. I don't feel stressed during the game. I feel only pleasure and joy.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being stressed when i play poker is not in my benefit i can tell you for sure and im amaized when i see players saying it improves their game when they are stressed.:rolleyes:

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read that playing under stress does not bring anything positive. When I play in any state other than rest, I don't expect anything good, in any case, the final table is not worth waiting for. The state of joy, stress, grief, illness is better not to play. But each person is a separate universe, and naturally there are exceptions that confirm the rule.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I'm stressed is when I play better for even because I have more courage to risk a move and I feel more when players are bluffing.

Lately I've only been playing freerolls, and in these tournaments it's very easy to get stressed, but I've been playing with a lot of patience and I know that the bad beats will appear and that the villain's card will hit the river, sometimes I get a little irritated, but that's all at the time. Good luck at the tables.:)

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Little or big stress is always present when I play poker. But tilt is rare

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, playing poker is first and foremost fun. I do not feel stress or any tension. I follow bankroll management and thanks to this I always know that I have nothing to worry about.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It is important not to lose control at the right moment, for me stress works the other way.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The only thing that bothers me while playing poker is when I think I'm ready to play and then unexpected tasks are waiting for me to do. And then I have to leave the table several times during a tournament or when my internet suddenly goes down. But if I can go back to the table then I continue to play my game. Stress and poker don't go together

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
when I'm stressed is when I play better for even because I have more courage to risk a move and I feel more when players are bluffing.

Hey man, whatever works, right? Hell, I used to think I played better drunk, (it still may be, lol), but I realized it doesn't matter what I do or say or think the cards are going to come out the way they always do... Flop, turn, and river. Now, I will say that I'd rather play w/a clear head w/out distractions but since I'm at home w/a pet, a wife, crazy Karenzilla in-law next door, Space-X rattling the sh!t outta my house; it's definitely a gauntlet. But my focus is, usually, on the play at hand. Just keep grinding away and everything else will fall by the wayside, in theory that is. When life starts getting in the way of poker then you'll be in that "sweet spot". That place where when you have to go the store when you're 3rd in chips in the middle of a tournament and not worry about missing an orbit or two because you can come back at will. Again, in theory... :rock:

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Everyone is different, right? I personally like to play when I am relaxed because I can focus on the game.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker helps eliminate stress, but when nervousness is extreme, I try to watch a comedy or go out with the dog, it helps a lot

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i am stressed i dont play well . which in return makes me even more stressed which makes me play even worse ...which stresses me more which makes me play even worse etc :-/

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do not blame the stress for my game but only the fatigue, that ends me and my game ends!

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday I played in a tournament with a guarantee of 30k and everything went wrong from the first hands, my strong hands did not win, then bad cards of hands 20, I already wanted to close and leave at the beginning, I was stressed and realized the sooner I get out the less I will spend nerves

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When stress creeps in on me, my playing suffers extremely. I sometimes get impatient and that's extremely detrimental. That's also my main indicator of whether I should play or not.

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stress is not good for perfomance, clear and peaceful mind is best for poker

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not for me! Stress throws me in all areas of my life. I need to be organized, prepared and relaxed to be my best self and this carries over into poker too. When it’s exciting stress of a fun game that is way different and enjoyable but if I’m stressed about something it takes me away from playing and I don’t play well.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When stressed I tend to play erratic and impatient. I tend to play better with a clear head.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I sit down to play specifically to get rid of stress, and this helps me, and it doesn’t matter if I win or lose.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that always affects the stress when you have a game because you get to have tilt the same as bad luck for that reason it is better to avoid being able to enter tilt

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always follow my strategy and change my game only when necessary. I always control my emotions and play poker based only on my skills and experience. In my opinion, emotions in poker only lead to mistakes.