Does playing stressed poker get in the way of you?.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I'm stressed is when I play better for even because I have more courage to risk a move and I feel more when players are bluffing.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me it depends on the kind of stress and the stress level. Usually, I have often stress on my work. Sometimes more and sometimes less. When this stress is still moderate it doesn't effect my game. Actually, poker is my way to relax.

But of course, if I have a lot of stress with let's say worries or emotional stress, then I would say, it can effect my game, because I can concentrate less good.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stress is bad for me. I'm bad at concentrating and impatient when I'm in this state.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
'Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.'

-

-Or in a less flowery language: The more I'm under stress, the more I play like ass.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Any non-optimal state degrades the game. For example, irritation, hunger, etc.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play stressed I lose them all. I just do bullshit. I'd rather not even play when I'm stressed.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The less you stress about real life or the MTT Vs the game of poker, the more bandwidth left to focus on a highly volatile card game. Maybe play smaller buyin games ...

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing stressed for me is shooting myself in the foot. I get irritated and impatient, don't think straight and go to the gamble. That's a waste of money.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I don't feel stressed while playing poker. I follow bankroll management and always remain patient, so poker brings me positive emotions and pleasure. I am convinced that my results are influenced only by my patience.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when I'm stressed is when I play better for even because I have more courage to risk a move and I feel more when players are bluffing.
I always try not to stress and enjoy the game, but it doesn't always work out and it affects my game very badly! I have greatly improved my stress resistance, but there is still a lot of work to be done on it! It seems to me that you can’t get rid of stress completely, if you are stressed a lot and you don’t get a game from this, then you need to take a break and take a break for a day or two, this will bring you more benefits than playing on stress! Good luck at the tables!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not the same for everybody? I try not to play when I'm stressed

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think playing stressed hinders me because I become impatient and loose focus. same as when I'm tired

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that when we do anything under stress, the result is usually bad. But in the case of poker, because it's something I do to pass the time, playing usually relaxes me.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no, because I don't play stressed poker :), when I play poker koc what cards do I get and I don't necessarily want to win :), I just play poker:)

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me, I treat the game as entertainment and never feel stressed. I always play only for the money I can afford to spend, so I don't feel any excitement or tension.

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes and no

It's more frustrating... just busted out in $1500 GTD tourny 33rd... Had 4 big pots all around 400k chips which atm would have been at worst top 10 in chips.. Was Dominating all 4 hands... AKvs AQ... AQ v A6, KK vs A3.. AK vs A8... I lost all of them.. yup i was ahead... way ahead when the money went in and lost every single one... I was impressed I was able to stay focused and not tilt, to be able to build my chips back up and get a chance at that many huge pots... but the other half of me is screaming cussing, etc... Played well .. got out drawn over and over but still pocketed cash... just hard to see the same stuff over and over... should have been an easy walk to the final table but, ill keep trying

JW

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the better plays I made pretty deep in the tourny... utg has been super tight... he limps... utg1 has been tight aggressive, raises to 3bb.. something just didnt feel right about the hand.. i have 77.. i fold.... the other two push all in turn over 88 and QQ... feels good to make the right plays.

JW

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the results are never good when I play poker when I'm stressed. I make wrong plays and even worse, I try to recover my losses playing out of my limits. That's why I always try to avoid playing poker when I'm stressed or angry.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Stress should not be a part of your game, if you are allowing stress effect your decisions at the tables then you will more then like be exploited for this reason.

Poker should be without emotion and definitely without stress, a proper bankroll should reduce your stress levels.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I am stressed or uncomfortable, I will not play poker. At that moment, we are more likely to lose than win, risky play is not always the right play. It is difficult when playing against aggressive players, you often have to catch bluffs. Otherwise, you can avoid playing against them or just play when you have strong hands.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am running bad or losing a lot then yes.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm stressed about something, I usually play freerolls and lose pretty quickly as I make a lot of rash decisions at that time. Sometimes I just don't play.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My point of view is that if I play under stress, it will always negatively affect the quality of my game and the result in general. Stress is always caused by some reason, as a result of which I get out of balance. For me, this means that during the game I will be focused not on the game, but I will be distracted by thinking about the reason that caused the stress. My decisions during the game will be impulsive and sometimes without a logical explanation. Therefore, when I am under stress, I do not play poker, but I solve the problems and causes that caused stress.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I don't play poker if I'm stressed. My game is bad and I won't even more stress.

L

Luisma231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

If you play stressed or tired, tired is the worst ally to play poker!!