Does playing poker for a long time make us stronger or weaker?

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it definitely makes you stronger. But you have to dedicate a lot of time to it.

Silversurfer99

Silversurfer99

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
just today i opened an old database on the "hold em calculator"..according to that i was much more successful 10 years ago...but it honestly looked like someone elses data, as i cannot recall to have played those stakes ever..:ROFLMAO:
🤷‍♀️

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the longer we play or do anything we become better at it

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to get certified and gain experience playing poker, but is it that easy to do?
I say its just like a job, if you love the job then its fun & easy. If you don't love your job, its a torture. In such a case, if poker is frustrating, quit & find another job. :)

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I believe that playing poker for a long time can influence our emotional strength and strategic skills in several ways. On the one hand, prolonged poker experience can strengthen the ability to make decisions under pressure, improve emotional management and develop patience. Constant play exposes players to a variety of situations and adversities, which can contribute to greater emotional control and mental resilience.

However, there are also risks associated with prolonged exposure to poker. Constant pressure, emotional swings, and tactical decisions can lead to burnout if not handled properly. Overexposure to gaming without balance can lead to mental and emotional fatigue, negatively affecting decision making and quality of play.

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker doesn't affect our strenght, but is possible that it slightly affects our mental resilience. That's my thought.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Definitely makes you stronger

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
all depends about your mind aspect

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
You will definitely get stronger from playing poker for a long time

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
it really depends on the person attitude. they might become more irritated and become weaker

MARIANARDES2022

MARIANARDES2022

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I've been playing for ten years, paying to see that I wouldn't pay at first...

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To be honest, I believe that the experience made me much better than I was at the beginning, but not even close to where I wanted to be.

After some practice and study, I feel like I've been stagnant for years.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to get certified and gain experience playing poker, but is it that easy to do?
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. It takes concentration and especially paying attention at the tables. I've seen ESSSSSSS-loads of players whose game hasn't changed in 20+ years. They're not paying attention, they never bothered to learn about odds and probability. They never think about Poker away from the tables. It's just something to do, not that there's anything wrong with that.

That means paying attention especially when you're sitting out, so don't be opening browser windows to other sites if on-line. Live, that means ignoring the Big Game on the big screens Poker rooms provide, no oogling the cute cocktail girls, no bringing your electronic toys. It means laying off all that free booze those cute cocktail girls bring for the asking. All those distractions can get mighty expensive. ESSSSSSS-loads of times I've seen the nittiest player at the table with the biggest stack. Doesn't matter that the nit hasn't played a single hand in a dozen+ ornits: he raises or three bets, or slams his stack in pre, gets called, and rolls over pocket aces. Again. It should have been obvious, but it's not obvious if you're not paying attention.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It makes us stronger, the more we play the better, experience is an important factor in poker, and that's only possible by playing.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it makes us stronger. But there is a possibility of stressing ourselves too much and ending up doing harm.
We have to work on the psychology well.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Stronger or weaker, I think this is a slightly incorrect wording, the game makes us more psychologically resilient !!!

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It does not make you stronger or weaker in poker.Just in normal amounts is a pleasant pastime.Although it may develop the ability to fail.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It depends on your patience, if you have it youll become stronger

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,
It's not a question of strong or weak, practice all the time is the key to success in poker.
you just have to be able to do 3 things
1- be patient
2- no ego behavior
3- don't like any hand, in other words never hesitate to FOLD when you think you dont have the strongest hand

Poker its a game of survival

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
you get better till you get older .then you start going downhill !

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It's all relative.

You get better with experience - unfortunately so does almost everybody else. So you have to improve at a faster phase than "the field".

Markets mature and online poker is almost over-ripe.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything that makes you think makes you stronger.

I do think that the more you sit the more you need to get physical exercise though.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it doesn't depend on poker. A lot depends on the world around us, on the people around us. Poker - yes, it is an important part of our lives, but not the main one. :)

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To gain experience in anything in life is certainly hard. Poker is not an exception. It requires time, effort and sacrifice.