Does paying with beginner make your skills weaker or stronger?

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opinions on playing with players that are just starting the game and don't know much about the game.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It doesn't change my skills, the idea is that the game with beginners may seem simple but I think it can be deceptive because those players turn into fish without knowing or wanting and try different hands and as the game shows us, very often they hit them and you lose easily in front of them. However, a beginner rarely reaches the final table in a tournament, that's my opinion, I may be wrong!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Opinions on playing with players that are just starting the game and don't know much about the game.

These are situations that should be taken advantage of, as your game and metagame are more advanced than your opponent's.

So, it's a good and favorable situation.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hi.
I think that every hour of the game makes the player more experienced and therefore more qualified. But in general, the main thing is that the game just gives you pleasure.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

I don't think it's a good idea to underestimate the level of any poker player, no matter how beginner or professional, especially if you want to achieve a good result.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why are you playing? Should your primary goal be to make $, the greater the disparity between your skill level & your opponents the better your chances of profiting.

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only Beginers?

If you are playing beginners exclusively, you could become overconfident
and play poorly against more experienced players

But I doubt that occasional play against beginners
will greatly affect your game skills

TC

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, I think you have to show a weak player that you are not there at the table to play with, that you are an experienced player who knows what he is doing even before he gives you a bad !

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Usually playing versus novice players add:

+0 to my skills
+100 (and counting) to my tilt management ;)

:)

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books say that, against beginners, you just have to follow the theory.
Although passive, or aggressive, most beginners are loose.
Playing tight aggressive should make it easy against a beginner.

Answer: It depends on your area you wish to improve. If this area is to learn applying a strong, mathematical play, than playing against beginners will help you be more accurate on calculating winning odds.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't think not playing for newbies makes the game any easier or harder, but it might make it a little more surprising. Even new players sometimes do things where you think it could be a mistake, but maybe it was also intentional that they go all-in at 36 with nothing on the table because it was a planned bluff. And maybe someone is new to poker but has acquired enough theoretical knowledge to take on the big players. I mean new doesn't mean new, in any case you should be careful about excluding new players, sometimes they can really surprise us

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with beginners gives us the opportunity to reduce the number of mistakes we make and capitalize on their mistakes.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing with any player brings you skills, regardless of whether he is weak or strong.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
nope, i assume it will make you a better player

S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good question….but I can’t give a guess to this because I don’t evaluate my game in this aspect….😉….but maybe it’s like in other sports….challenging with the best makes you better…..

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think a poker player's skills only weaken when he stops playing at all. Playing with beginners is a game anyway, and if you have your own rules and principles, you don't care who your opponents are.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's called game selections, you should find games that are full of newbies, fishes, so you can happily profit from your opponents' mistakes.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Playing any amount of time with a beginner will more transform him than what it does to you. Soon he'll see through your strategy and tricks and the pace of learning is the fastest for someone who finds a new aspect of the game in nearly every hand. But most importantly: No matter the outcome, be a good sport towards him! :smile:

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I find the best mix (for developing one's game and providing profit) to be a table with mostly beginners/players who never improve, but perhaps 1 - 2 solid players.

This is so you can mostly play your hands against the fishies, but you can observe what the good players are doing to make them successful.

In this way, you should be able to have decent results while learning a thing or two from each game. :)

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the important thing is to get experience and learning from the environment and that is given by time more than the level of the rivals, and not forgetting the main objective is to earn money:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I prefer to have beginners/ recreational players at my tables as this will improve my chances of having a winning session but I remember when I did my research on this topic that many poker pros said that to improve as a poker player you need to 'fight' against the best, so the opposite means that it's tougher to improve your poker skills while playing weak players...

Have a great weekend everyone and GLGL at the tables!

791a791

791a791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

It's always good to play with beginners
mostly winning from them

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are you playing? Should your primary goal be to make $, the greater the disparity between your skill level & your opponents the better your chances of profiting.
Love your response makes so much sense!

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I always play to win, does not matter the opponent skill all, but when I see my opponents play unorthodoxly, I change my gameplay in order to extract the maximum form them, but alway respecting them, once Poker is, as well, a luck sport.