does anyone start to build a huge bankroll winning freerolls?

Gorblid

Gorblid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had bankrolls from freerolls about 5-10 times but i keep losing it all eventually so i am still not ready to deposit damn donkey i am
last time i won 33$ from cardschat freeroll 2nd place had the br for over 2 weeks going ups and downs 5-40$ but eventually tilted and lost, but this days freerolls are pretty easy to me i win 35% of the freerolls i sit in seriously, but poker starts to be boring to me so i play less and less this days. good luck at your freeroll br chalange many people did this and if you practice enough and think good you can do it eventualy.

BuggyX

BuggyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well Ferguson made it it 9 months he got the baby lol 10k I think..in my case it took me from 0 to 80$ 3 months playing freerolls on FullTilt, on pokerstars I am doing better cause there are those SitnGos called Double or Nothing with only 10 players, 5 of them get in the money starting with 1,25$ buy in

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have around $300 on the two biggest sites, started with freerolls, did deposit $10 on PokerStars, just to get to play the first deposit freerolls.
I recommend everyone to start with freerolls, but thats just how I feel.

E

eveslow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
^I agree. They are fun and they could get you on track for some higher stakes. I places 13th out of 3800ish on bodog and won $4.75. I built that up to about $100 then lost it all on river cards. lol. Im hoping to rebuild soon.

mregister2

mregister2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was trying to do this last summer. Got up to around $80 at one point before I lost it. At the time they didn't have the really low limit cash games. Would like to do it again, but don't think I have the patience for it.

K

kittykatt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also have won between 5 to 50 on total freeroll money in a few months time on several different sites...like so many before me have said it is very hard to make more than a few cents in most freerolls offered now days...i'd like nothing more than to build up to 10,000 or more playing online but i'm not holding my breath lol

S

slapyomama63

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its really tough to get to the money in a freeroll because of the time required, 3 to 5 hours. finding the time and maintaining concentration is difficult. i have made a few final tables, but usually wind up investing a couple of hours and coming up empty, which is discouraging. my hats off to anyone who can accomplish much that way. easier to deposit a few bucks and try to build that way.

imasquare

imasquare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have built my bankroll from $0 to $155 in 6 months from nothing but freerolls and some profits from cash games, never making a deposit, although many wouldn't consider that a huge bankroll im still very proud of it because those where a lot of freerolls i had to play so im trying to take care of it as much as i can and the most i have recently lost was $5, that was very painfull but i had to remind myself that it was free money.

H

hothandsmgee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought that was the point of the Fergusen challenge. To show people that it is possible to start with nothing a win big. It may take time but its completely worth it.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I had played live poker for years prior to online poker....

I will just call it superior luck and timing....but when I first started online poker around 2002 or so, I got a Free $10 at royal vegas Poker. I played a mixture of live small PLHE, NLHE and small MTTs, then I got a lucky break and won a Royal Flush daily jackpot for like $30/40 and I never looked back. Soon I got to $100 then started playing 1/2 LHE and MTTs, then I was able to win an MTT for $1000 and I had wings :)

I actually turned it into well over $200,000 in just a couple years and luckily put a lot of it in the bank so that I am still able to draw on it for living and live poker (thank god cause my online luck has not been as good)

I have still yet to make an online deposit.

I am sure this is not the ordinary by any means...but it certainly is possible if you are looking for some inspiration. Just remember what comes up can come down and make sure you save some of the money!!!!

Good Luck

Insanity

Insanity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never deposited. I cashed in a few freerolls and used that to get into buy-ins and play cash tables. I guess it is how u look at it. I used freeroll cash to build on.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a small roll at full tilt only like 27$ started from a place in a Crds chat fr, I should play there more often really last two times I played I hit 1st both times in the 2 dollar 9 mans, played them because over the evil rake at 1 dollar and hey its free money so I am prepared to take a risk outside brm.

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I strongly disagree with that. Play in the freerolls until you are confident that it is worth you depositing, then use the CardsChat links to sign up for whoever you decide to deposit with:

https://www.cardschat.com/announcement.php?f=48

I do agree with you that playing freeroll till you're confident before depositing. Else it might be as good as flushing money down the toilet bowl.

For me, the idea of building a BR from freerolls hit me the moment I first learn online poker. It took me 6mths from the start to make $12. I was so excited and enthusiastic abt playing real money that I squandered off my $12 in no time.

After that, I had small cashes like $1-2 occassionally. It was until 18mths later since my $12, that I managed to cash in 1st,2nd & 3rd (~3mths span) on the Bodog freeroll. This got me started but due to bad BRM, i busted my roll.

Perhaps due to the fact that I'm a losing fish, it took me 2yrs to get started in the real money world, not worth the time imo. But if you're just looking to play for occasional entertainment, its probably fine.

W

w3c jman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it takes alot of patience ive won $5-$7 on the freerolls then built it up to about $30 losing it from frustration. The Key is to budget yourself and if u cant hit jack that day then dont play. Placing 4th in the $100 freeroll really helps

popo12

popo12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't as of yet..but I'm going to ...

I plan to start studying all the books, advice from pros, odds of hands at preflops, etc...for about a month. Then after that I'm going to try what chris fergusan did..however I'm giving myself a year and a half...and I'll be playing more Sit n Go's than he did. Wish me luck....The most I've ever won on a freeroll has been 23$

A

akaCLINT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No deposit on FT... was up to 180, then down to 0,01...
now up to 68 again and not going to let go this time...
It is not huge..., but hope it will be some day...
GL all
aC

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
before neteller went down, the first site i played on was pitbull poker. starting with nothing i built my bankroll to $1,800 before depositing $50 bucks so i could start cashing out. highest i got it to was $2,400 but i was withdrawing while playing for a total of $2,800. i havent been able to crack the $1,000 mark on any other site yet, still working on it.

C

chefjimmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management

No matter if you deposit 20.00 or win 7.00 in a freeroll your not going anywhere without exercising bankroll mgmt...exercising this method of keeping what you have is the only way to ensure your going to exist...careful play,waiting forthe right moment.all great virtues,but without the will of forcing yourself to guigelines...you,ll end up a human atm..just my 2 cents

CostyBigRoyal09

CostyBigRoyal09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with $ 50 and now I do not have any money on the poker tournament to play now free ... to my next submission ....!

ryodejaneiro

ryodejaneiro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just wondering, would you guys consider building bankroll from public freerolls and private freerolls to be different? As I understand it, the way Chris Ferguson did it was that he climbed his way out of public freerolls. But for members of CC and other poker forums, it's possible to earn some money through the private freerolls.

With public freerolls, you get more erratic play (and more time consuming based on my experience), but with private ones, you tend play against a smaller field but against better players. So there's a bit of a tradeoff but I wonder if it evens out? I've been playing from zero but during a recent span of two months, I added about $80 from freerolls here at CC. This is something that would be very difficult to do if you play exclusively in public freerolls to start things off.

So depending on what sort of criteria you set for yourself (that is, are you going to play any type of freeroll, public freerolls only, private freerolls only), the amount of time it would take for you to increase your bankroll will depend.

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In reply to the above: I would consider it the same. The point is that you can build up a bankroll from zero. Use all the resources available. Cardschat is a great place to start.

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just wondering, would you guys consider building bankroll from public freerolls and private freerolls to be different? As I understand it, the way Chris Ferguson did it was that he climbed his way out of public freerolls. But for members of CC and other poker forums, it's possible to earn some money through the private freerolls.

With public freerolls, you get more erratic play (and more time consuming based on my experience), but with private ones, you tend play against a smaller field but against better players. So there's a bit of a tradeoff but I wonder if it evens out? I've been playing from zero but during a recent span of two months, I added about $80 from freerolls here at CC. This is something that would be very difficult to do if you play exclusively in public freerolls to start things off.

So depending on what sort of criteria you set for yourself (that is, are you going to play any type of freeroll, public freerolls only, private freerolls only), the amount of time it would take for you to increase your bankroll will depend.

why limit yourself to public/private freerolls? all are freerolls right?

anyway, big prize pool public freerolls are rare these days. My guess is Bodog still has the best public freeroll around. Private freerolls has smaller field and sometimes a bigger prize pool than public ones. much much better imo.

Really, if you're gonna start a BR with freerolls, you seriously shouldn't limit your choices.

R

RAMARAIDER

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Annette Obrested has never deposited and she is up millions and Rob Eckstut cashed in 1 mil PS playchips for 10 bucks and is a top online player. One of the reasons are these types of people don't listen to the negative forum posts and took advantage of the exponential rate of online poker.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Freeroll Passwords