does anyone start to build a huge bankroll winning freerolls?

M

mik3ll

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi everyone
id like for you to share your histories about your sucess playin poker online....
does anyone start with zero on your poker account and built huge bankroll?

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Give up

Havent ever built a bankroll on them but I have won a little FRin. There are a few threads on this around here though. And C. Ferguson has a stream on FTA about it, u might want to look at it. Basicly unless u have alot of time on ur hands and some valium just deposit and play or post enough and get involved in forum FR.:cool:

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi everyone
id like for you to share your histories about your sucess playin poker online....
does anyone start with zero on your poker account and built huge bankroll?

There's someone on this site who actually started with nothing and is currently past the 10k:eek: . I forget the time frame they did it in, but it was'nt to long though

Alexpoker22

Alexpoker22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think its difficult to built a huge bnakroll with freerolls, at least you have to made a deposit of 50 dollars

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could claim yes also, tho I have deposited, they were mainly so I could withdraw. If you get real technical, I don't pass muster. But my total deposits to date are $125, and my total withdrawals to date are in the $1500 range, and my br is useable at the 3 main sites.

S

Sonic_x_Reducer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends if you can get in on some of the good free rolls. If you play in the Cardschat or other good ones with fewer players then yes....if you just play the Full Tilt $100 freerolls where you have to beat 2400 people just to win 2 bucks then very difficult.

Y

Yirlastcall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

When i first started playing poker at 14 i started with only freerolls, won 5 dollars on one of them and moved from there, later that year pokerstars found out that i was underage and i had to cash my money out, i had made a $500 dollar US cheque from a simple freeroll

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well if you have a lot of time and patience it is possibe, a lot of luck is better.
i myself have made money on most sites i play, and have cashed on two of them (for about 1300$US). but it has been over many years and not been easy. i just finally got my FTP up over a few dollars ( now floats between 10 and 30$) which is good, i love the site and dont care about most other ones now
the smaller sites have smaller freerolls- less ppl less $$ easier to win, stars, FTP and such have 2000-10000 players and its a hell of a game to get donked after 5 hrs and still miss the money- or even to win that .13- takes awhile to get that bankroll.
deposit if ya can, will save you 10000hrs of play:)
otherwise goodluck- it can be done, im out to win a million this year hahahaha
you learn a different play in freerolls to than compared to sit and gos and MTT for buyin, and watch out for those ring games- and remember bankroll management too- nothing worse than finally winning the money just to lose it all in a day

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ohhh
and a huge congrats to BelgoSuisse
very well done and an inspiration to all

TheUndertaker

TheUndertaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am trying to build a bankroll from freerolls but haven't had any big wins yet a couple dollars here and their it's really hard work abit frustrating but I will continue trying after 2months I only won a total of $45 and lost almost all of it back I have $12.25 left.Good Luck If you are trying this.

M

MrSwissCheese

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose "huge bankroll" has different meanings to a lot of people. First off, you're not going to be able to do it quickly with no experience. You're going to have to play a LOT of poker to get to the point where you can turn $0 into $10,000.

I started playing poker online when I joined Cardschat last August/September. I haven't dedicated a lot of time to it, other than reading several books and spending time here in the forums - and of course the CardsChat freerolls. Read, Read, Read, Read, Apply what I learned, hope I don't lose my ass off.

That being said, I have managed to build my bankroll up from $0 (never deposited one dime), and have built myself up to just over $100 over two sites (although I'm back down to about $90 after playing badly in several SnGs in a row).

Yes, you can START a bankroll from freerolls, but the money comes from "investing" the freeroll winnings in cash games, SnGs, and the occasional MTT.

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you study poker and play a lot, then it isnt that hard to earn say $10-50 from freerolls over 3-6 months, but getting to $10k is a whole different story...

Most sites have entry to $1k-$25k freerolls for new depositors, so if you have some spare cash and can play a bit you're better off depositing (one big cash in a big freeroll can seriously help your bankroll- I blogged here about earning $900 in a titan affiliate freeroll, which doubled my bankroll overnight!)

If you cant earn some cash from freerolls, then you're unlikely to make money playing for cash, so shouldnt deposit! (keep practising/ reading/ studying hands etc)

Very easy to lose a bankroll built from freerolls when moving up to buyins, so important to keep learning and employ decent bankroll management as I have learnt!

Freerolls with thousands of players for $50 or $100 are there to practice and learn the game- you wont make much from them, but private freerolls and special freerolls are where the cash is from freerolls (but unlikely to get very far in them unless you have 'learnt' the game first!)

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good luck. I've made a whopping $21 in 5 months. I think I've made 1/2 cent per hour! Hard to build a bankroll playing quarters and dimes with 4000 players.

goborage

goborage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have $35.88 built up from $0. Once I get some free time I'll start playing the 2.20 SnGs to beef it up.

mets40

mets40

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my first year playing online I made about $1,000 from freerolls without making any deposits, but at that time there were more sites offering more freeolls and more prize money.

R

rhulp1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i build up a br of 800 dollars with no dep. in about 4 months. lost some of it in cash games 100 dollar. but now i am just go to the tourn that are between the 20-50 dollar buyin and hope i will have some luck to win some big money. dont matter if i loose because its free money i am playing with!

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have deposited with the intention of getting deposit bonuses,however I did win my way to $100 in freerolls before depositing and never actually had to use any of it for buy ins.My withdrawals are just shy of $26,000 playing small stakes tourneys and sngs over the last almost 6 years.

I

IvaiLamDimidov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible to build a huge bankroll from scratch, but not many people have done it. In fact, the only person I can think of that has done it is Chris Ferguson. The negatives of building a bankroll from scratch is that it could take forever. The positives are that you can gain great skill and experience from playing in so many freerolls. It takes true dedication, patience, and stamina to build a great bankroll from start, but you can do it!

R

RA2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will be many people who did that!
Chris F. is probably the best example. He did that challenge at Full Tilt!
You just have to start playing the micro limits and end over 10.000 after a few time and a lot of poker.... :D

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will be many people who did that!
Chris F. is probably the best example. He did that challenge at Full Tilt!
You just have to start playing the micro limits and end over 10.000 after a few time and a lot of poker.... :D
annette_15 is also an example.this little girl gain huge money from zero.you can find her story on line.The reason that I play a lot of freeroll is that I want to spend time to practice.The money I earned is a sign of what I level is.After I feel that I am good at poker,I will deposit money to win more back.

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not a recommended to get started imo, unless you really cannot make a deposit.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Freeroll Passwords