Does a person's age affect how they play poker?

Does a person's age affect how they play poker?

• Yes, an older person is better at poker than a younger one.

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Yes, an older person plays worse than a young one.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • No, age does not affect the game of poker in any way.

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi all. How do you think a person's age affects his poker game. Let's say a person's game is different before 50 years of age and after 50 years of age. Please write what you think about it. Personally, I believe that in any occupation, the young are more successful. A plus of a great age is probably greater peace of mind when losing in a game. Although all this is probably individual.

Survey needs to supply more answers than the 3 you have listed. At least put in a #4, 'age can potentially have some effect on how a person plays poker'

Oh... and let me guess. You are young. Am I correct? (& if so, how would you be able to know if you hadn't experienced playing at both young, & older ages?)

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, age does not affect the game of poker in any way. What really counts is the experience and volume of games a person has throughout their poker career. This gives you great learning and experience. All success comes from hard work, persistence and dedication.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So because at player is 60+ don’ t Think Thea can’t pull of a Big bluff.
this sounds highly exploitable... sounds like it might be even easier for them to pull off a big bluff

<<<< fwiw 'them'

X

xbigstack27x

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Hi all. How do you think a person's age affects his poker game. Let's say a person's game is different before 50 years of age and after 50 years of age. Please write what you think about it. Personally, I believe that in any occupation, the young are more successful. A plus of a great age is probably greater peace of mind when losing in a game. Although all this is probably individual.
What could be true is that older players can take a loss better they ussualy stay calmer and they they have mor expierience in terms of hands played .Its all about studying and reviewing hands where you made mistakes .So appart from that i dont think anybody is in disadvantage agewise

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Survey needs to supply more answers than the 3 you have listed. At least put in a #4, 'age can potentially have some effect on how a person plays poker'

Oh... and let me guess. You are young. Am I correct? (& if so, how would you be able to know if you hadn't experienced playing at both young, & older ages?)

No, you didn't guess. But I really don't know how I would play if I started young. Since I started playing around 38 years old.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
now younger players are spending more time playing, using software to learn and improve their game but older players don't need to be written off!

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In poker age doesn't matter, what matters is the good time you have to play! :giggle:

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
This poll makes no sense to me as well, honestly. There are younger players who play better and there are older ones.
Of course, there can be a talented young player, who is doing a really good job in poker. But some are also among the elder ones.
Mostly it is depending on experience, I guess. And also a younger one can gain it quickly by putting
enough volume into his games as well as an older one. The elder ones play longer already, mostly, therefore you can expect more experience.
So, therefore, you should make your poll more differentiated.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The game is totally mental, age does not influence, unless because of age I have mental problems.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think older people, if they're good at poker, are better at poker than younger people. Even older people are more resistant to tilt and are better able to analyze. Young people, on the other hand, adapt better to the game, more pragmatic.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't think age affects game skills.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you now turn on the video report or look at the photos from the poker tournaments held 10-15 years ago, you will immediately notice the fact that almost all the tables are very similar to each other players. It will be predominantly men aged 35 years and older. And indeed, it used to be believed that a serious game requires considerable experience, and experience was equal to age. But with the advent of the new online era of poker, everything has changed.

D

daibert murillo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He said that age does not matter, what counts here in poker is experience and your skills. There are times when you have ups and downs but that also influences the luck of some players.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Age does not influence at all, on the contrary, as in life, experience and patience are useful and very useful.
When you are young you want to eat the world, and when you are older the world is in your hands, you only choose what is best to do.
In poker it is very similar.
With that age reasoning players like Doyle Brundson couldn't have gotten very far, or Phil Hellmuth or Daniel Negreanu or Scott Nguyen or Eric Seidel or many more older players who keep making live final tables with excellent results.
I also believe that poker is always played in the same way, the difference is that at this time there have been some changes, especially that poker has become a game that requires a lot of study, statistics, and other forms of play.
But the essence remains the same. No matter how many statistics there are, the river continues to hurt hahaha
greetings friend:):):);););)

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
That's really a 2 halve question. Behaviour or experience? Younger people might be more reckless or aggressive in their play. Experience wise, that again depends. It's a bit like driving. You can drive for years, but not very often, so have very little confidence. I know some youngish players (22 yrs old) and they play very well. Always make the top table in the league and qualify in regional games.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think age does not affect the game, within reasonable limits of course. If a person is already at such an age that it is difficult for him to even sit, then of course it can be said that there is such an influence, but in general, I think age does not matter.

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe in experience and maturity, so in my way of thinking I believe that older people are more advantageous in poker.

Mahmudov041

Mahmudov041

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
In my opinion, the older the poker player, the stronger they are.
He has years of experience

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Personally, age does not affect poker in any way, perhaps with age and experience, poker gives a certain zest.

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Age means nothing. If you want something bad enough you'll find a way of getting it. After all you get what you put into anything. You just have to try harder and seek to improve your game. Learn from every mistake you make. Stop accepting defeat and say ''I'm a winner'' I just need to improve. Know when you have good cards and they get shot down by a bad hand that player will lose more then you in the long run. Just adopt a Tight Aggressive Strategy and play at a limit were the loss wont bother you.

Attachments

• outs.png
    outs.png
    401.8 KB · Views: 2
aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Age doesn't matter just remember the legend of the game and when tom dwan when he was young

A

AngelaH007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
No there are a lot of good young players.
Players just have to have a good knowledge about the game and a whole lot of luck hehe

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see no direct relationship with your survey responses.

But I think "Poker" skill has to do with how and efficiently a brain can process information.

Theoretically, younger would be better, but with age, you can develop better focus.

But it is shallow and contradictory.
So, we can say that age has no correlation.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think age matters in poker, but the character of the person and his mathematical abilities have more influence on the game.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This largely depends on a person's experience. And age is secondary.