Does a person's age affect how they play poker?

Does a person's age affect how they play poker?

• Yes, an older person is better at poker than a younger one.

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Yes, an older person plays worse than a young one.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • No, age does not affect the game of poker in any way.

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters
ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi all. How do you think a person's age affects his poker game. Let's say a person's game is different before 50 years of age and after 50 years of age. Please write what you think about it. Personally, I believe that in any occupation, the young are more successful. A plus of a great age is probably greater peace of mind when losing in a game. Although all this is probably individual.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, in Poker (also and in Life) the All have meaning! Including, by my opinion, and age... But in one occasion this is negative influence,
in another this is positive! But the all is individually!

VikK030p13

VikK030p13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Absolutely, an older person plays worse than young one. I am 63 and know that on my way.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi all. How do you think a person's age affects his poker game. Let's say a person's game is different before 50 years of age and after 50 years of age. Please write what you think about it. Personally, I believe that in any occupation, the young are more successful. A plus of a great age is probably greater peace of mind when losing in a game. Although all this is probably individual.
In my opinion, age does not affect the game. Proof of this is many famous players who achieved success when they were well over 50 years old. Doyle Brunson is the best example. Older players are more experienced and patient, they have been playing for a long time and have participated in different hands, so they still know a little more about poker. But playing when you are not 50-60 years old, but already over 80 is completely different. It's more like entertainment, not earning money. In my opinion, most people over 80 don't think so fast and will make a lot of mistakes during the game. I will say that if a person has lived to 80 it is already good)

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you keep your brain sharp I guess you can be almost at the same level for many years if we are talking about processing. If we are talking about experience of course it affects the decision making.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Only those who don't adapt to modern poker will have problems.
I know seniors who still whine about poker being better back in the day .
But there are also those who will adapt and show the youngsters their place .
So I guess no, age is not necessarily a factor , depends on the person

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I respect everyone's opinion, but if age had an influence on the way of playing, it would imply that every adult person plays poker "well" and that is not true. It can be said that experience is very important, but it won't be because of age, but because of the years spent improving your game, which may be few (5 or more). And lately, young people are winning the best poker tournaments in the world.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Age does not matter much, it is the mindset of the person that matter. That said old persons is normaly better off in a slow played game ( like turn based ) as poker as opposed to playing fx. counterstrike, So because at player is 60+ don’ t Think Thea can’t pull of a Big bluff.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
The "young in any occupation are more successful"?, so experience has no value?, I think that's completely absurd.... 😎

There is a time of youth, a time to gain experience. There is a time of maturity, a time of reaching the goal. There is a time to fade away, to rest on our laurels, if something has been successful, and to pass on the experience to others. Are there many world chess champions at the age of 60? However, I did not write that this is a general law, everything can be individual. Especially in poker, where luck decides a lot. In any case, I respect your opinion.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As long as your mind is sharp age does not matter. Some older players are set in there ways but anyone who can adapt to the players at the table will go far.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Like everything changes when we get older and getting worsen.I believe older people can lose their skills

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure it does, but not always. Some ppl never learn and never change.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It may be different in each case. On average, I think that people should become wiser with age. So, in theory, the game should improve.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely, you are less loose palying, happens exactly the same as driving, you get more cautious

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Elder people have lived their lives and probably achieved most of their goals. Which gives them patience, which is an essential skill in successful poker

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would say not age, but experience in years (y)

as they say in our country: experience "you can't drink"

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Age does not affect the game in any way, it all depends on the player personally.People are different

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
age does not matter in poker and in life, but older people think they are patient than young people in poker and this is an advantage and after losing the hand they don't get depressed like young hot guys and this is also a big plus so people who are still young will also beat by experience:)

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Age doesn't matter in poker, what matters is the good weather you have to play, the older the more time you have rs

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I feel like it matters. If you are older that usually means you can have more experience and play better. Obviously it doesn't apply to everyone.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
age does not influence your game, what it does influence is your experience in the game, that means how many hands you have played in your career, discipline, perseverance, any player can get it whatever age he is, that is no excuse for not growing in poker.