poker is my hobby that does not make me money

mimietmour

mimietmour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly, I have joined the team to share our love of poker.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope. they hate it. so its hard for me to play whenever i want. but i dont stop playing so they kind of accept it. :)

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do your friends and family share your passion for poker
I have both family and friends that play poker but most of my friends/family do NOT play poker. I enjoy talking and playing with my friends/family that enjoy the game. I am the most passionate about the game, also the only one who studies the game. That is OK with me, I'm happy to share my knowledge with my friends and family.
Do you tell them about your victories and defeats?
Sure I share hands. Sometimes they ask me about bankroll. My Mom only asks me ONCE a year because she (my Mom) understands that variance is a real thing. It is not today's game that matters.. it is all my games over time!
Their attitude?
I feel lucky that my loved ones support me greatly. There have been a few that I had to teach. I found that comparing poker to investing in the stock market helps my friends/family understand that each hand is an investment and it is up to me to make the correct decision to make the game a success (if I don't get unlucky) :)

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all this time I saw that they do not like my hobby because they say that it will not give me anything profuctive and that I only waste time but still I seek to improve my poker, it is the game that I love the most and also I do not see it only as a game if not like a sport

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My family does not share my game of poker, as they believe that it is a dangerous game of chance in which you can not earn a living. But I devote a certain amount of time a week to poker to improve my knowledge, which will help me maximize my chances of winning, and one day I will be able to prove to them that I can earn a second income in poker and remain in full control of my bankroll, so as not to fall into a big minus.

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all, but when I am with them I do not play them I try to enjoy when I am at home alone or with my wife that we share the same taste

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
^^ Same here Comarata.
My hubby and I play but his family would not appreciate that. We talked about it once and his mom freaked out lol
I respect her fear, but it still made us giggle a bit. I do not even know of any gamblers or people with gambling addiction in her life. <3 Either way. It is definitely not something we share with them.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My love ones don't care much about my hobbies or my poker. But they know that I like poker very much, respect that and they don't piss me off when I am playing. This is good enough for me.

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
introducing poker as work

introducing poker as work to others especially you're loved once is interesting in the first place however you should never be specific about everything they can not handle the situation as you can do. they can not tolerate downswings and they can not understand what does it mean going broke in poker

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes - my wife enjoys poker too - but she only plays freerolls. My dad also got a passion for poker. I made my family aware that this was not a gamble. I gave my brother a suitcase with chips for his birthday and we play sometimes :). Make poker fun again :-D

dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of them do not understand and criticize when I tell them about poker. It's good to be part of a poker forum with people who understand.

W

williemays56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
love ones

yes some time i find myself taking away from my quality time from family only when my bankroll is low and i have to play more free rolls

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife likes it. She can see the joy in my eyes wile playing

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My two hobbies are golf and poker. With neither of them I make money, but I have fun:cool::cool:

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family have always supported me, in playing poker. Have won some extra money , to pay for some family trips. They love on weekends , we all use to get together, and play a family game of poker. My whole family loves card games. Once this virus is gone, we can get back ,into playing poker on weekends. Always been fun and exciting.

A

Anton1609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first hobby is football and second is poker, but about poker know only best friend

dartablasta

dartablasta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, nobody understand this Kind of life, the only way to understand a poker player its being one of them here in my town, whoops

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really. They think it's a waste of time.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, never liked it, most of them do not get it, at all. Even when I profit from it, cover my expenses from that... they stuck in their reality, like nothing else exists, they have the usual social psycho mind, control everything, do what i said, not what i do, and definitely not any other way, what my blindness can't accept, or I would not be able to do it. General sickness, 90% of the world population suffer from it, unfortunately...

G

Germanets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do your friends and family share your passion for poker?Do you tell them about your victories and defeats?Their attitude?
Poker is not in a list of mutual hobbies of me and my wife, but she morally supports me in it)
We have atmosphere of support and understanding, so both of us will glad to know that another one has progress or success in his\her hobby. For me - it will be strange for family or couple where another one has less than neutral attitude to another's one hobby)

R

Romaliyskiy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The wife supports, and the parents are in confusion because they are old school)