Do your loved ones like your hobby?

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do your friends and family share your passion for poker?Do you tell them about your victories and defeats?Their attitude?

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
can you call poker a hobby?

can you call poker a hobby? Or is this your life?Your profession?The meaning of your life?How much has poker entered your life?

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friends are very supportive of my passion for poker

However, none of my family members support this, especially my mother

She said, "Poker is a FOOL's dream" -_-

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the support of my family, it is very important, and helps in the game

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.My family does support my hobby ,specially my mother every time I withdraw some money and give it to her..They don´t understand the game at all.though.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to say yes but unfortunately my family does not like gambling. for my friends. they are more interested in horse games or soccer. the only question he asks me every time. How much money do you make in poker? :)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course, all the people close to me know about my poker game, and they are positive about my hobby. Only sometimes when I play all night, give advice not to overwork and follow the rest mode.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not supportive nor unsupportive, just tolerate it as my free time

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At the moment, poker is my hobby. I would really like it to become my life. In my family, gambling has always been negative and some of my friends also think so, but when I started making little money with poker, my family and friends supported me, they saw that I know how to control myself and that’s why they don’t worry about me and are happy with mine success. I started playing poker about 10 years ago, it was live tournaments and cash, I played nights at night, at that time poker was the main source of my income. Then for some time I worked as a dealer, and continued to play, but gradually in our clubs they stopped playing hold'em and started playing 4 and 5 card Omaha, as well as Courchevel, and then all the clubs were gradually closed due to the law on the ban gambling in Ukraine. In the future, I would like to learn how to play professionally and devote my life to it.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For now I can call poker a hobby because I don't live on it, it's just another way of trying to get an extra income. But I am totally in love with this game, but my family doesn't play it, so nobody supports me because they say it's a game of chance. But I don't listen, because it's something I love and I will never give up and play poker.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am the only one in the family who plays poker but no one has any problem with it. Sometimes my wife asks me until what time of night I stayed to play and if I won something :))

C

Chomik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunatelly not, they are not interested in playing poker :(

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do your friends and family share your passion for poker?Do you tell them about your victories and defeats?Their attitude?

My family always supports me in all my affairs. They cheer for me and are always happy about my victories.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
can you call poker a hobby? Or is this your life?Your profession?The meaning of your life?How much has poker entered your life?

For me, poker is a hobby that brings me pleasure and profit.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Significant other definitely just tolerate and in some cases annoyed. The only way to turn her around is with real results. Think about it, you are distracted from giving her attention for hours, and then sometimes you take a bad beat and come off it in a bad mood ... if you are not bringing in good money, what's to like it from her perspective?

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I usually tell my family about how my tournament went and how I won or how I got knocked out lol

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my husband plays poker with me, we have same passion to it and that's great I think. Other family members think we are little bit crazy but we don't mind :D

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My family is not against my passion for poker. Poker is not detrimental to health, and is a good exercise for developing logical, tactical and strategic thinking.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife is loyal, she doesn’t stop me from playing poker, I don’t stop her from watching TV shows. We have a complete understanding:knuddel:

L

Liru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tell them everytime, sometimes they make fun of me when I lose but when I win just tell me congrats. But they do hear me out about my poker passion.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment poker is like a hobby to me. But my loved one don't like it.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

no, no and no
And i can´t quit
thats it!!!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me it is a hobby. Don't think my family cares that poker is a part of my life. Then again, never ask them to borrow money either.

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, they support what I love to do. They have a good attitude towards my passions.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not say that my family likes it as i am the only one playing poker among my relatives. In my country most people still consider poker as pure gambling. I took my time to explain the difference between poker and gambling and keep my family informed about the status of my bankroll and game. I still can not say that they like it and they do not show any interest to play themselves but at least seeing that i play for hobby without risking any significant amount of money and i still win few $ sometimes they accept it.