Do your loved ones like your hobby?

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family stay neutral about my hobby, as for friends, some of them play poker too.

jdorganic

jdorganic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they like your Hobby probably they’re playing too

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My soon to be 14 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son have no interest. I try to make sure when I do play that I am not taking too much time away from my kids. My girlfriend doesn't mind very much that I play but again I try and make an effort not to play much if at all when I am with her. Family first.

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of them don't care much, but my close friends love it)))

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I am one of the lucky ones. My wife and children all think it's a way cool thing.

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had lost lots of money playing poker, they would question my sanity. Luckily I have made a documented profit of over $125K from 2004 thru 2014. Now I only play free rolls and micro stakes, but it does consume a lot of my time. My gf puts up with it but I try not to let my poker playing take time away from my kids and my girl friend nor my other activities. So poker is a pass time that I play while watching sports usually unless I come across a juicy free roll. :)

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
poker full time

i want to take poker to the next level in terms of making it a full time commitment and becoming a professional any advise?

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not a hobby for me, and my family's attitude is normal. My hobby is fishing and my family's attitude is much worse than poker)))

B

BIGshark91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a entertainment for me, no hobby but when i play i dont want to my family see this

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is my hobby and I have the support of my family :D

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do my loved ones like my hobby?

Hello. My wife thinks I am pretty good at this game and she has no objection to me playing. I love her for that and many other reasons.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, depends on how you look at it. I am single and since I now live alone, I don't have to worry about explaining myself to anyone. That being said, everyone who knows me, knows I play poker. They know if they want me to join them for an event or just to go out they must give me a couple of days notice so that I can shift my poker schedule around.

My best friend, does get a little upset every once in awhile. She does understand, that is why we have remained close friends after our living together did not work out almost 2 decades ago.

I will say if I was younger or even if I met someone who I thought was "special" I would make a real effort to make some time for that person. A relationship cannot be a One-way street, where you do whatever you want and your partner just needs to tolerate you. I think society today is not putting enough value on human relationships.:D

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, depends on how you look at it. I am single and since I now live alone, I don't have to worry about explaining myself to anyone. That being said, everyone who knows me, knows I play poker. They know if they want me to join them for an event or just to go out they must give me a couple of days notice so that I can shift my poker schedule around.

My best friend, does get a little upset every once in awhile. She does understand, that is why we have remained close friends after our living together did not work out almost 2 decades ago.

I will say if I was younger or even if I met someone who I thought was "special" I would make a real effort to make some time for that person. A relationship cannot be a One-way street, where you do whatever you want and your partner just needs to tolerate you. I think society today is not putting enough value on human relationships.:D

My family and friends do not like my passion for Poker or the game itself, but if they love it when I win and I invite them to eat ice cream, cakes, and have a few sips of alcohol to celebrate, I give them part of the winnings. They like that part of poker ... how is it in your case?:D

theheeb1984

theheeb1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do your friends and family share your passion for poker?Do you tell them about your victories and defeats?Their attitude?

My family knows I enjoy playing poker. My wife "allows" it because a win from a big event means a gift along with the vacation we were on where a loss is normally just a vacation made out of it. Also she knows it is something that brings me enjoyment and relaxes me from the stress/monotony of work. My kids are learning it but horrible hahaha. Many of my friends know the level of play I enjoy and always just remind me to keep to my BM and as I do not let my poker get out of hand I still enjoy the free time with them.

The key is to have fun and never hide who you really are because those that matter don't complain and those that complain don't matter.

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriend and family are not very supportive of this dream of mine lol. They see it as strictly gambling. Hoping to one day prove them wrong in a big way

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess you have to show confidence yourself by doing this ..
Personally, I cannot complain, I have support from my family .. But not 100%, there are always some things that are talked about, doubts, advice ... and there is always some discussion, but I cannot complain, now it is up to me to show them that I can do it.

pablow

pablow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as it's not an addiction, what would be the issue?

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Family support is very important in any aspect of your life they support me as long as I don't pawn the house ggg.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mother simply hate it. My brother plays with me but just as a hobby.

P

pipayura

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of my poker career, my wife was against it. We had quarrels and scandals about this. Mainly due to the fact that he began to pay less attention to her. A year has passed, everything has become fine, probably got used to it. Sometimes she asks how much money I spent on a deposit, I, as always, answer that I did not deposit money, but won in freerolls))) And if I am in a good mood, I can admit to her that I put 10 dollars, and at the same time there is no such excitement as before. Yes, I don’t spend large sums on poker, because I don’t have them))) In general, you need to adequately and prudently treat everything and have a measure, then everything will probably be ok.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family doesn’t care what I do in my spare time, so I don’t even post them to them. :D

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no

No, I'm the only one who plays poker, I started playing it with friends and now I play online

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My husband shares and my mother approves is what really matters to me

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
None of my family or friends share with me my passion and fondness for poker, not a friend who stays far away. I share with him and he shares with me on a daily basis. For WhatsApp, the same passion