Do you want to quit poker when you get frustrated?

A

AppetizerLucas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankrollmanagement

Only play for what you can afford to lose each month. Simply and easy my friends. Pick the right games for you.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is good to take a break now and again. I always play different card, and other games. So I can easily take a break from poker and still improve my game theory.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wish everybody the dead and throw the pc out of the window or destroy something

CarlosLemarDixon

CarlosLemarDixon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all. I just start taking the hands Im losing with out of my range and adjust accordingly. It gets funny because some hands I just have to let go. Example... 88..AT..AJ have cost me way too much money and unless I'm in position I'll just fold these. Now that's not to say that other players may have good luck with them but I just don't.
Also Im learning that maybe my post flop play needs to get better with these hands. Hope this helps a bit.

Last edited:
Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Occasionally clear are ideas that go through the mind, I would say that the vast majority happens to us, the tool, is the most mentally destructive weapon, when this type of thoughts happens to me, I use them to understand that this is poker, full of variance that is going to be there, all the time I play, that kind of thoughts help me to deal with why, for a badly played hand that reaction comes, then I used that amount to find out the solution of the bad decision or decisions that I They have lost ,,, this type of thinking is excellent, because it leads us to reflect and try to correct mistakes, understanding that winning in the game is long term, that we will have many stumbles along the way, I would say that, the bad results we lead to that type of negative behavior. for those of us who make goals we try to block thoughts of this type,that are negative ,,, patience, luck and think three times before acting on bad decisions ,, the negative is going to turn us into our best long-term tool, stumble now on freroll and long-term micro-limits we will win ,, luck and do not make negative decisions ,,,

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Know you cant win all the time just keep trying to improve your game is all you can do.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
10 or 15 years ago I thought a couple of times that I should quit playing poker after I had a very long streak of bad luck. But with the years you grow in and you know that it is simply part of the game to lose and also to win. I have definitely learned to never see a hand as a sure winner with few exceptions, of course, and I have learned that no matter how good you think you are, you can always lose to worse players. For me, the only thing that counts is whether I did everything right and if I have the feeling that I did everything right then I can laugh about it when a fish who went allin preflop with his 23 beat my AA. How more you play, how more you grow in and how more you experience that you can have a bad time in poker but you also know that this will not last

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Absolutely not. Playing poker is more than win. We can lose and even having fun. Not problem is things going wrong, I open a new table and move on.

I hope you can do the same.

meagain00

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes if u tired of the situations of poker, u have to relax, stay out of tables for some hours, or days... its normal. but we always come back... :D

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
When they have a bad streak and feel frustration, do they think about quitting playing poker?
Or is leaving it not a possibility?

The last few days I've had at least two weeks of badbeat but haven't thought about quitting poker because I love it so much that I think poker is a game the more you play it the more you like it . Some days I'm very frustrated and angry, so I stop playing for a week or two to calm down and regain my focus, then play again.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I say I want to quit but I usually just take a lil break. Quit Poker!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The tendency to think that will diminish as you mature. You start to think of the good choices more, and less of the bad choices. Don't focus on the bad mistakes, but the positive instead.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker

Yeh if I have bad breaks for 3 weeks

J

Jean9b

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well my personal opinion is that poker should be played like you dont care....when you are not afraid of lossing its posible you'll win more

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
no, I won't give up for anything, poker is everything to me

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, yes. Who will like to play in tilt. The main thing to understand in time is that you are tilting.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to quit poker when I am frustrated because my motivation stay always the same, I`m the best, I will win, I can, if not now than the next time and not matter what I just have lost, I will reach my goal

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in a state of tilt I had such thoughts I now try to overcome my bad qualities in order to continue to play poker successfully poker is very demanding in discipline and for some type of people it is a problem to clearly overcome yourself

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I have such a wish to quit poker when I'm frustrated. But I don't hurry I think a little bit and try to find motivation to continue my game.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, absolutely not. Frank Sinatra sang it the best, "That's Life". Love the game!