Do you want to quit poker when you get frustrated?

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustrating yes. Quitting no!

I get frustrated just like anyone else with the game and it’s ‘variance’. But that is poker after all. When I take a bad beat, especially at the worst time, I get really upset. But I just have to take a little break. Thankfully I’m only a recreational player or I might take it worse. I play a lot of online poker since Covid so ‘variance’ is always raising its ugly head at some point during a game/tournament. I never consider quitting though. I am a highly competitive person who grew up playing sports all through school and college. Now that I’m older poker gives me an outlet for that competitiveness. And I never gamble with money I can’t afford to lose.

F

Fida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure!

Recently I got so frustrated because of a misclick during a tourney. I was playing and running good, almost reaching the bubble. Then I clicked the call button instead of the fold button and got busted.

I was so frustrated, I seriously considered quitting (or at least taking a break) for a moment.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I wouldn't let that happen sometimes, but the poker player lives with it ... the point is to get out of it!

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you just need to have a rest from the game, just because sometimes soft plays against you and it,s hard to do something with this. You just need to keep some patience, maybe do some other things and not play poker for some time.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I get frustrated, I really want to quit, but in the end I only quit for a couple of days so I can come back with more motivation

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Everyone has moments of weakness. Everyone has ever thought about giving up poker

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it happened to me when i first started playing poker with money. it was so frustating to lose and i had no patience. i quit and after a long break i am back now

D

deadguy2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never think about quitting. I try to think about the next game but inside I'm screaming.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have reached such a level of play that I am not frustrated by failures, nor excited by winnings, I take it all at ease without unnecessary emotions.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never, but when the day ends and i have been busted from all tournaments, i start to think."maybe it is impossible to win no matter how much you learn and play every single day..."
next day hope is again here.
won a seat to a new chrismoneymaker final on ACR
thanks to cardschat and one other community i have build my bankroll to 50 $ in three poker rooms so...life is good and will be much better...waiting for one life changing tournament which will bring me 50k to start my vegetarian, gluten free and vegan restaurant on Croatian coast.

O

Ovis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never
Poker is lifestyle, up's and down's👌

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Do people want to give up breathing when they catch the Flu? NO WAY! The only way I would give up playing Poker is if I went Deaf, Dumb and Blind, and even then I would try to find a solution to it.
I once played against a Disabled person who could not handle his cards and chips, and had a helper place his bets and show him what cards he had, He made all the decisions and the helper had no part in his decisions, He put up a hell of a game, and only lost to a suck-out by another player.
My admiration went out to him, for competing in a game he enjoys, and not letting his disability get in the way. Poker is a passion for many people and if you enjoy something so much, you don't quit because of a bad session at the tables, You pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and start all over again.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I get frustrated with poker I tend to just take a break for awhile. Usually my break last a few days and then I'm back at it again with determination!

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't know how to lose, you shouldn't start playing poker. If you won all the time, you wouldn't enjoy the game as much. Winning and losing is what makes poker such a great game.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very often there is a desire to give up everything with a long series of failures, despite the fact that I play for quite a long time, but all this passes with time.

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I think about it, in fact I am in a bad streak, but later I realize that they are only moments in particular, you have to be confident that everything will improve.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't say quitting poker but it happens to me to think about taking a break which is very important in my opinion 2 or 3 weeks off poker will hepl you reset...

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t play poker for months, it’s a great time to play poker in winter.:angel:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Cant say I have. When I get frustrated I usually study and review my game more.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I wouldn't allow that to happen sometimes, but the poker player lives with it ... the point is to get out of it!:confused:

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are always different hobbies to focus for some time until you get in the mood to get back at poker.