Do you want to quit poker when you get frustrated?

B

Blaze716

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I gave up for a few years playing online poker bc donkeys just drove me insane after awhile. I mean I just got out of a tourney and had AA, go all in, and someone calls with J2 and got two pair. I've also often went back and forth thinking that games are rigged. Which I'm sure many of us have felt that way. I mean who's really there to check every game to see if they arent rigged?

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny. How can it be abandoned? Sometimes you get angry, you don't understand how he could beat you, why he got the card he needed on the river. After such moments, I take a pause hb for a while. I understand why it happened, how I could have played better.

P

Pibo1797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i always say that when a get a bad bead and lose the tournament ir my cash, but i take a break for a 3 days ir a week and then a keep playing poker but honestly i miss play live poker si mucho

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm frustrated I don't play poker because I lose my patience and lose money.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened to me a long time ago after I lost a lot of money due to a really bad luck, but now it does not happen any more. I am more relaxed when I play poker and I don't lose much.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want to hit someone but quit poker i wouldn`t :D

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I gave it up several times. sometimes from objective causes sometimes from subjective causes. After the break, I returned to poker again :D

Yes, it happened more than once. When you deposit and play well, you still get run over on many turns and rivers. I wanted to throw the game to hell ... But just like in your case, I always returned :)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Earlier when I started playing poker I sometimes had the feeling that I was too stupid to play poker and wanted to quit a few times, but after thinking about it, I decided to only temporarily exclude myself from the game. I love poker and I know that a streak of luck can be over just as quickly as a streak of bad luck, only sometimes when you're stuck in a streak of bad luck you think it will never go over but it will. At many poker sites there is the possibility of regulating the loss of money by placing a loss limit on yourself or imposing a deposit limit on yourself. That helps so that you don't tilt and lose everything you have in terms of money. But if you have the feeling that you are playing because you are addicted then you should perhaps ask yourself whether it would not be better to seek professional help in order to get it under control again

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, but then this state ends and I want to play poker again

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never really seriously considered it.

I always rely on my long term stats in a situation like this. I look at my graphs, my overall winnings in order to remind myself of what is real, and what is not (this current bad luck streak).

Perspective is everything in this game. We play for the results over months and years, not days or weeks.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I get frustrated, I think about never playing poker again. Then time passes and that desire to play poker comes back. It is just a matter of time for everything to settle down again.

Robsant

Robsant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've spent years without playing but I always come back depends on the situation of our lives too

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
when i suffer a few beats online

i switch to a different poker site . but it seldom does any good !

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should finish with the thought of making a lot of money in poker. For a person with a normal working day, it is not possible to make long-term profits with poker. Why is that? Because the variance in poker is too great and you would have to play an infinite number of hands to compensate the variance. But that is not possible with a day-to-day work. Playing poker just for fun will also make you less frustrated.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm frustrated I play more....

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, try to lower the times and reasons you get frustrated instead. it will make you play better.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Just for a while
they make me win to kick the notbook the
next day I'm looking for revenge

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I get frustrated I go on tilt and lose most of the time, why is that?:eek:

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don,t quit i take time off to go over hands to seen if i played them right or they were bad beats.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes I want to quit poker all the time but this state passes and I play again

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t give up, money is given. :pcguru: And so I stop playing and go to calm down and analyze. :bebored:
But I'm not leaving for a long time.

Uzbek707

Uzbek707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens but rarely, and so without poker, I like without hands and legs.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the slightest chance of winning, I will not give up, but I will follow the free days forever.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I can understand some players getting frustrated with Bad Beats etc, but to give up Poker simply because you suffer from a few lost games, is like a child spitting out the dummy because he does not get his own way.
I have not played many buy-in games for over 4 months now, sure I keep my pokerstars points active by playing at least once a month but other than that I have only played the Cardschat Free-rolls.
I played so much during the Lock-downs I felt burnt out and needed a rest, and have found other things to do to pass the time, I will return when I feel like it, but at the moment happy with what I am doing.
I will never give up on Poker or Cardschat, I still like to keep my hand in and have had a few good results in the Free-roll tournaments, but as my Poker is a hobby I can pick and choose when I play.

When the fun Stops, STOP!
(I did)