Do you think you can be professional and lead a life playing poker?

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think you could? Would you be able to face the responsibilities that this discipline entails? On the other hand, for you, what makes you professional? habits? Factors? I'm interested to know what they think

It's certainly possible to do this, but like everything else it requires much planning.

If yo are wanting to be a professional poker player then it's a matter of planning your hours out
-for playing poker
-for working on your game
-for taking care of your health
-for building relationships in poker
-for nourishing relationships outside poker

and typically shifting the focus around. Rarely will each get 20% of your attention.
There will be 'seasons' where some areas get more attention and other seasons where others get more. The key is to not go 100% into one and ignore the others.

If you are talking about being a professional in another field and playing poker on the side.

That is just a matter of finding the right balance. If you have great income from other sources then you can play more more for fun and have less pressure. That way you don't have to put in as many hours and have it as a full time thing because you don't need as much money from poker and as many play hours.

The key is always make a list of what you, then prioritize what's most important, and work on one or two things at a time.

Anything is possible with a big enough timeline, just be willing to be patient!

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want to be a professional player and make a living from poker, it's perfect for me to play at a hobby level. Luck rotando is not enough to know.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I would not have the stamina required to do that. Lots of travel, maybe 20% wins and lonely nights would get the best of me quickly. That dream is best for the younger buckaroos.

O

ogloccness

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All it takes is one lucky run for a big tournament win to become successful :p

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me now is a chance to become more powerful, I will give years to try my luck next!

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I don't have the skills and nerve to be a professional poker player.

If you have to play for a living, you will have to spent hours and hours "working" at the poker tables.

Then it will become your occupation.

And then you have destroyed a wonderful hobby. :):):)

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
if you first win $ 1,000,000, then you can quit your job and make money playing poker.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, if I have never lost faith, thank God all I have is thanks to poker, although lately I have had a bad streak, but I know that recovers.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally don't think so, I have a basic profession, and poker is a very exciting hobby in which I can use my knowledge in mathematics and psychology.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker for me is 20 percent of the effort and 80 percent of the benefits, investments that make a profit. Being a professional player or leading a poker life is the result of your achievments.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never thought about it, but I never lose hope of playing well, at a professional level.

F

fmbordini

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is as difficult as any other profession, especially when it is at the time of drawdown, the psychologist has to be very good

I

igmade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you have money enough to play you can be a pro in whatever you want to be pro in it

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admit that this is my dream :) On my example, I will say that you have to learn a lot, analyze and observe professional players.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think you could? Would you be able to face the responsibilities that this discipline entails? On the other hand, for you, what makes you professional? habits? Factors? I'm interested to know what they think

It is possible.
With constant study and keeping up with the meta it should be possible to be profitable long-term.
I think a professional should have multiple sources of income and not rely on 1 stream of income, especially in something as volatile as poker.
As long as you make enough to sustain a moderate standard of living, ie food water shelter, I think you could call yourself a professional.

B

baykoshkar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

no. because the random generator is rigged on pokerstars

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe in the future it can be an extra. not my main salary

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think you decide to go pro. Eventually a winning player will put more and more time in until it just makes sense.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I don't think I can become a professional player. the mood is always changeable, I can really tune in to the game, but sometimes I don't have enough patience. I am also very distrustful of my opponents and suspect them of bluffing.:D

NightTemplar

NightTemplar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but I would need to improve my game quite a bit....

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is unlikely, in order to achieve heights, you need ALL your time and your whole life to devote entirely to poker

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
will makes me a professional player I have a lot but unfortunately my time and little time I can dedicate myself to it to become a professional professional player I have to have a lot of time to study the pir game that every day the game evolves and unfortunately my time and my responsibilities do not allow me to evolve to that level

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. No way can I compare to the folks I have been playing.