luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think poker is like life in that there are downs and there are joys and tears on the way up

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think poker is like life in that there are downs and there are joys and tears on the way up
man, I think is better you make comments in recent threads not old like 2,3 years ago.
All your recent comments are in old threads :confused:

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are certain analogies that we can talk about. In poker, as in our lives, discipline, perseverance and patience are very important factors. Also, of course, luck plays a very important role. Poker is a game that is definitely similar to our life :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I agree, Poker is similar to Life, but, of course, Life is most more difficult and variety!

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Yes, poker and life have some things in common. In both cases, you have to make decisions based on limited information, taking into account probabilities and possible outcomes. As in poker, life can present unexpected situations that require adaptation and flexibility. Key skills that can be applied both in poker and in life are the ability to take risks, analyze the situation, control emotions and strive to achieve your goals.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be disciplined in both of them: life and poker in order to be successful

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that in poker, as in life, there is joy and frustration.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Yes and no 😀. If you are organized in life, you will play carefully, and if you are willing to take risks and know how to choose the right time to take them, it will be reflected in the game. The third option excessive risk will also affect the game and it will not be good results. And I answered yes and no, because I know people who, having an organized life, risk excessively and vice versa in life and play great, calmly calculating each hand. So how many people, so many possibilities and answers at the same time.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If your life full of bluff, that must be exciting and nerve.

I am glad poker is only a small part of my life, it maybe similar but not all.
haha your answer is excellent, I like it, if life is full of bluffs it can be exciting but on the other hand I think that a life full of bluffs does not make you a good person, I understand then that poker and life are not similar

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Everyday poker imitates life.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Even though actually playing poker is getting less and less interesting every year, thinking about poker, looking for ways to improve and continue to develop is also quite exciting.Poker is a game of people. This is the most important thing to learn. People and the strategy you use against them. Poker, more than any other game, requires understanding your opponents.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't think poker is similar to life. Two separate things are two

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
poker is a game and life is a reality so I think in the game you can make a million mistakes and restart and log in again, but in reality you can't do that, so it doesn't look like I think it might be like some petty moments, but in general, life is much more important than poker

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really. bluffing, my way throughout life causes way to much stress has real life implications can not only affect you, but others and can linger for years if not a lifetime. In poker it only costs me my stack.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
If you think that, in life you can have good moments, bad ones, but if youtake advantage on your good ones, you will reach your mail goals, so in that way yes, they're similar.

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If so, that explains why I only lose at poker...:ROFLMAO: Just kidding! Perhaps, what happens is that we reproduce in poker what we live. Everything affects the choice to call, fold or bet. So, in a way, poker is similar to life.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you think poker is somewhat similar to life? Because I do.

yes it is similar there are some things different, but in general it is similar, although I think the variance is smaller on live, and the probability of winning with premium cards is higher

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't think poker equals life, i make poker a job so poker is not my life but part of it

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In some situations yes, such as poker teaches you to control emotions such as anxiety, anger and excitement. In life, emotional self-control can be essential for making more rational decisions and dealing with difficult situations.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In some aspects, yes. I do believe that your poker gamestyles reflects your personality.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
It is a part of life and like in life you have success or you make mistakes,mistakes can hurt but it is the best way to learn.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Poker is a perfect analogy for life. We can never control all variables. We must be aware of all the unconscious biases we have. We must begin to understand life as a decision making and not as isolated decisions.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't think poker is similar to life. Two separate things are two

I totally agree!
Life is all above LOVE. Poker... mostly about deception, manipulation, exploit weakness in others, outsmart, take, take, take.
I don't see many similarities at all... maybe sex.
"I'm All-In"
"You are? I thought you were limping or perhaps a min-raise at best."

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I had never seen this post.

I have thought about it many times and I agree.
In addition to the facts already mentioned by other players regarding emotions at the table...
...we also have the 'randomness factor' and the universe for me is completely random.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably there is some truth in the fact that poker is somewhat similar to life, in poker as in life there is a streak of failures and there is a time when you are very lucky.