Do You Think Poker is Similar to Life?

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your life full of bluff, that must be exciting and nerve.

I am glad poker is only a small part of my life, it maybe similar but not all.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are sooo many poker truisms that are even more valid in real life—one of the more rewarding aspects of having played so much is spotting so many life lessons in this game! I def am guilty of making too many poker analogies in real life—thank goodness I’m married to a poker player or he’d probably be very sick of it by now 🤣

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

we don't think poker has anything to do with life, if you do it you have a bad enough life, you can be a pretty insecure person I'm sure I wouldn't trust my life

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are similarities, for example when it comes to the way we play and behave in private life

CBETKA

CBETKA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life is not a game. I don't see any resemblance to poker. You can play at will. Playing with life is not worth it.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

Yes, I think that poker and life have a lot in common. Both are games. The rates are also different here and here. Well, bluffing in real life occurs at every step.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think poker is somewhat similar to life? Because I do.

Yes, I think poker is like our lives. In poker, as in personal life, our patience and discipline play a crucial role.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
just like our poker life we have to make the best possible decisions and try to minimize mistakes and they serve as experience and learn from them

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very much so. Since its about managing money and risk taking. Also teaches you patience and how to control you emotions.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that poker is definitely a part of the players' lives.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some similarities in my opinion. You need to have discipline and patience to have success in poker and also in real life.

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see it that way...
Poker is amazing game that you can get some fun out of it... It is also dangerous as it might affect your life in bas ways.

Life.. well ... Is just life...and in the end.. is not game and that should be what you put first in your priorities

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several aspects in the game help you in your daily life that many players have said and analyzing it in me I agree, in terms of similar it may be that some things but in that I do not agree are apart.:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

G

Grant mckay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably.. liars.. betting.. good people / bad people.. except no PARTICIPATION Ribbons

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think poker is somewhat similar to life? Because I do.
In poker we always have to make decisions either to bet or to fold or to check.
In real life we always face issues where we have to decide either to go with the issue or drop the idea or just hang to it for a while.
There is a similarity. It all depends on decision making. Right decision at the right time may produce favorable results and wrong decision may put you in unwanted situation. Hanging on the issue may create a solution by itself or can make the things even worse beyond repair.

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Some parts yes.
People can have multiple faces. Hiding the real one. Appear happy when in fact the reality is grim.
Also changing a lot. Never the same.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And how about poker face?
Like when youre a kid and you broke vase and mom asking you
"Who broke vase"
And you go "It was cat i swear".
And then she says "Dumb cat. Okay go buy new one and i give you a cookie"
And youre winner. You eat cookie, and cat is dumb.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Of course, my life is like poker. Only my patience allows me to achieve the goal and good results.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there's a lot of similarities between life and poker just like there's a lot of similarities between life and chess. There's some life lesssons you can glean from both games and they can also help develop skills, like decision making or emotion management. With that being said, I don't think you should go overboard with the life-poker analogies, it is, at the end of the day, just a game.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Hi azgeda and welcome to CC. Yes I believe poker is totally like life. I think a good example is being able to put bad beats behind you and move on to the next hand. Life goes on, and sometimes there is nothing you can do about it. There are many stories about people losing everything and they just start over even more than once. Believing in yourself and that good things will come to you if you keep trying. GL

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Great question but i think we can bluff in life but its not the same strategy

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker looks more like a zebra than life, the stripe is white, the stripe is black,
and then the a.....:)