Do You Think Poker is Similar to Life?

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our whole life is a game!Many people will not agree with this but why do you always want to do something so that it will be pleasant later.You've been playing games all your life .

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life is one big game, just like poker. So we should try to enjoy it while we can. Let's be good players! :)

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In some small ways poker is similar but for the most part poker is not similar to life. I guess it depends what your life is like

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so. Because, it needs to decide on the games & the life.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes poker is exactly like real life for me. People flop their nuts all over me multiple times a week. Then I play poker to unwind...

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

if it is very similar !!! In poker, as in life, decisions are made for better or worse, and along the way, experiences are acquired to improve day by day.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:rolleyes:I believe so because if someone who lives waits for things for you like your neighbor then you bluff and say it's not over but if it's your best friend then tell the truth that can help you. But since I can't lie and I don't like to lie, I play poker very badly if I need to bluff.:rolleyes:

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker teaches a lot

There are a lot of similarities between life and poker. Poker teaches you a lot. And if you apply everything you learn from poker to life, you mindset and mentality will completely change.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Life and poker have alot in common they both require lots of decisions and each decision we make can have multiple outcomes. Poker has much more immediate results compared to life decisions which can take sometime to see how they work out. But so many ways you could compare the two. Great question and so many possible answers.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Similarities. When a certain action generates consequences, unpredictable effects, impossible to avoid or prevent, we call it force majeure.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank goodness I’m married to a poker player or he’d probably be very sick of it by now 🤣

How untrue.
a woman that plays video games is a treasure.,
a woman who plays poker is even a bigger miracle.
And we cherish our treasuries.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hhhmmmmm

Well every now and then i do get a bad beat, but i cant just walk away from life , like a poker table .
You got to know when to stay in bed ,you got to know when to get up.

stewart murray

stewart murray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is full of decisions, luck, ups and downs sort of like life I guess.;)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I do believe that there are some things there that are similar to real life. Poker teaches us that you have to be patient. And that you should think about it before you decide on something. You can find several things that give us a comparison to real life but of course not everything, it is and remains a game

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't believe it's similar, but we can use some of the lessons learned in poker for life and the opposite too.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker and life are alike
i am equally unlucky in life and in poker

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
People who are into this philosophical question should check out movie called "Life of a King"

It's about Chess but check it out anyways!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are sooo many poker truisms that are even more valid in real life—one of the more rewarding aspects of having played so much is spotting so many life lessons in this game! I def am guilty of making too many poker analogies in real life—thank goodness I’m married to a poker player or he’d probably be very sick of it by now 🤣

How often do you or your husband talk about how "sick" something is? :D

As for me, I think there are some parallels between poker and life, in that we're faced with having to make decisions with what information is known to us. Another parallel is trying to get reads on people, though the motivation is different between poker and life.

Interesting question for sure.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me he's just a hobby... life is much more than bluffs and cards in hand.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has a very similar aspect to real life, decisions are made which are not always the right ones and assessing the situation is similar to making difficult decisions.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is a micro enviroment of thereal financial life.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a lifestyle, where you go through different emotions during the game, but working as in life in the long term, we will have our fruits and rewards.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, it is a simulation of life, because it is like a continuous fight or a struggle, just like life is! This is the beauty of the game!

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's see born in to poverty and poker?

Yes.

Thank you for listening!!

..Bluff..

:)

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think poker is somewhat similar to life? Because I do.

Very difficult to find a similar approach with life, but for sure you can find the opposite.