Do you think poker should be a olympic sport?

trolaAa

trolaAa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So long post for just one simple - NO.

S

Steves222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point does it really matter? Olympics is such a joke and waste of time and money.

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would be nice, but i think poker is mental game and isnt sport.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sportsman very young, while I teach physical education, and truth play poker for a couple of years ago and it is a passion, but I think that may be Olympic because everything comes to sport Olympic has to do not only with the mind that in most sports and much used, but body movement, which is very demonstrative in physical activity. that's my answer because I should not ... but we know that the world is moving for the money ..

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is never going to be an olympic sport. Poker is not sport anyway.

Hosting poker tournaments in more countries could be a good idea.

tazer

tazer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as baseball and softball aren't in the Olympics I do not think poker should.

CardKing777

CardKing777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You mat see Poker Played in many different venues but you will never see it at the Olympics!

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If people compete, I think it should be counted as a sport, much like chess, but it will never be an olympic sport.

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is def no sports . Its a mental game with a high percentage of luck involved. So its a clear " no " for me.
GL on and off the felts

bsam

bsam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think so there is already sort of poker olympics any way in thw wsop main event and i think its good enough. Also there is more luck.

rickypr18

rickypr18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker's not even a sport. Why should it be an Olympic sport?

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like chess, poker is not a sport.
And, if it was included in the Olympics who would play it? Poker pros? I am 100% that mostly poker players don't dream about medal, they dream about big cash.
So, even if it was in the Olympics - it wouldn't be popular and high skilled.

Faust

Faust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i think that if you use your intelligence with the game you can definitely succeed, but i don't consider it a sport.

X

xEnder

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of international competition between countries -- an "Olympic" style competition.. But I agree with most of the other posters -- Poker isn't a sport and should not be part of the Olympics.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im also agree with what the other have said.Poker is not physically involved game.Furthermore its a kind of gambling LOL.Olympic is for the improvement of the physical of the people around the world.it is their goal.

R

rzepa1881

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its still gambling , callinh poker as a sport in my oppinion is wrong said. Poker is cash game ofc not a game of luck but a game of skills . Still not a sport in my oppinion

E

emanontrader

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never thought about this! I would love to see more poker on TV (they already have dedicated channels on it) but it's not really considered a sport so it doesn't make sense to have it in the olympics. Then again the equestrian is in the olympics so who knows (no offense to any horse lovers/riders out there.