Do you think poker should be a olympic sport?

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wrestling almost got kicked out of the Olympics and is only safe for the next few games, if they end up getting rid of wrestling and adding something like poker i think i would stop watching the Olympics.

That is ridiculous.

I was a wrestler and that is seriously one of the most physically demanding sports EVER. It is so pure... how could they eliminate it? Its amazing they will have curling and want to take out wrestling...

Wrestling predates almost every Olympic sport, it would be a huge disappointment to take that out.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is ridiculous.

I was a wrestler and that is seriously one of the most physically demanding sports EVER. It is so pure... how could they eliminate it? Its amazing they will have curling and want to take out wrestling...

Wrestling predates almost every Olympic sport, it would be a huge disappointment to take that out.

They got rid of baseball in the Olympics but it was due to organization issue.
Olympics is a sport where you're supposed to put the best players to represent your country. While other countries put their best players in, US used all their AAA minor league players to play and refused to put their major league players into it since they cared more about MLB than Olympics. This was the major issue why they decided to take baseball out of the Olympics.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sport, noun: a contest or game in which people do certain physical activities according to a specific set of rules and compete against each other.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no.. no way. there is too much luck involved in this game and poker isnt even a sport so absolutely not.

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell no, there is already to many sports that do not belong in the Olympics. The Olympics are becoming a joke like most other sports, sports are starting to feel like reality tv shows.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I TOTALLY agree with Carl on wrestling .... One of the most demanding of strength events as well as skill.

And NO to Poker ...

Wally

1blanqueanu1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a chess player, and chess is an Olympic sport, and I think that poker should also be

A

avjul66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really chess is an Olympic sport?Who is the latest Gold Medalist?There is a chess Olympiad played every two years organized by FIDE
Sorry but chess is not a Olympic sport

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not the actual game itself, but the aftermath. you know that part when you cashed out at the cashiers cage and now you have to get to ur car with a lot of money on you should be in the games. You have the 100 yard dash ( depending on where your car is) wrestling and Karate. And if ur being walk by arm guards marksmenship ( Target practice) all mix into one. How cannot be an Olympic sport

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already saw many players defending that poker should be a olympic sport, but I definitely don't agree. There are a lot of sports that should be a olympic sport before even consider poker as a sport.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, purely to increase the number online newbies playing and increase the £££ for me.

Otherwise no.

D

dasher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Olympics should be for athletes. IMO, there are already too many events that are not a test of athleticism, but just exist to cater to various countries.

K

kungfupanda1105

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOLed at PH pic haha go Phil :)

S

Swickster007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker became an Olympic sport, you might as well put Black jack in there as well. It's all gambling and based on random chance. The Olympics is based off of skill, which poker has skill but there's too much luck involved for it to be a sport of skill. Definite no.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the nonsense in the winter Olympics isn't even sport, ice skating isn't a sport.
if it has judges it isn't a sport

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and also swickster blackjack is a game for degenerate morons with an extremely small and irrelevant skill factor, poker once again is the only game where you go against OTHER PLAYERS. Black jack is "all gambling and based on chance" Chess is all skill and no chance. Poker is somewhere right in the middle.

Mindset

Mindset

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hellmuth-gold.jpg

If this alone isn't enough reason to say no...

B

Boriska797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly it is necessary to make an Olympic sport and also make chess!

Spocinss

Spocinss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that poker should be added to the Olympic sport

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont agree. the poker is game of probabilities and more then that is the fact to play poker you dont need to get fit or do your workout hardly like the others sports, you know what i mean?
i think it shhouldnt be promoted to the olimpic games. but it is a nice discussion.

U

Unykhaim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think no. Poker depends on luck

Leprekahn

Leprekahn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
huh...I didn't know Chess has been recognized in the Olympics.

When I think of the Olympics I associate it with sports. If chess can be in the Olympics, well then any skill game can such as poker, backgammon, checkers.....when will it stop??

T

tohos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is way too much luck involved in poker, especially in HU which I would assume would be the format used. On a good day any one of us has a good chance of beating some of the best players in the world.

That doesn't happen in any other sport. Medals are going to be given out to random players left and right. So no.