Do you think poker has the same effect on people as a drug?

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not think it has the same effect as drugs, at least I can stop whenever I want and for as long as I want and it also has no physical effect on who plays.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I cannot compare poker with drugs. If I have never taken drugs, have not smoked and I have no craving for alcohol. Once I felt that poker takes up too much space in my head. I paused and after I started playing less. Now I can live without poker. Sometimes I play in the evening, but I want easy money, and the process of the game is very interesting to me.

And where else can you meet at the same table completely different people, with different mentality and worldview, who are in different parts of the world and at the same time together. It fascinates me.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you compare gambling addiction with drug addiction, I agree with you that there is a certain similarity. But personally for me poker is a hobby that brings pleasure and allows me to relax from everyday affairs.

glafef

glafef

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try doing drugs n play poker at the same time, addictive as hell. They are both addictive but in very different ways. I stopped doing drugs a couple of years ago though but i never stopped playing poker, I can't. It's too much fun and doesn't have the same consequenses as drugs have on you. I don't win as much money now that I stopped doing drugs though, I was a king on poker when I was on stimulants.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think folks? Does poker has the same effect on people as a drug? I mean once you start playing it aand like it you can't stop playing. For me i think had that effect.How about you?
YES a big YES. And I think we all are agree.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree. drugs lead to disastrous outcome. in poker you can win. Poker is a hobby. narkotiki - addicted.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker has a certain influence, but I don’t think that it can be compared with drug addiction (but I have never used drugs and it’s hard for me to compare), people just die of drugs and they can’t stop, and I personally always know poker stop the game!