Do you sometimes need a break from poker?

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Taking a break is good, but for me it just means playing different games or sites. I find playing everyday to be relaxing, but sometimes I get tired of the same format/players/software. So, I will switch sites and play cash instead of MTTs or play a sit n go.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do Me take a break from playing Poker?! I shall answer simply and shortly: I plaing in Poker, when I want, and take a break, when I want too! That's all!

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play much however i can't imagine a day without playing poker. If i'd play poker everyday in several hours session then i think i will need a break from time to time but like i said i don't spend a big part of my day for playing poker so i don't need a rest.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Yes, when I get tilt often. I take sometime and play chess.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, I take a break from time to time. Most often this happens after a downswing or after a very difficult gaming session. At this time, I try to walk more, chat with friends, watch interesting films or videos, in general, I do everything that brings me pleasure and that I don’t need to waste my energy on. When I start losing at poker, I just need to take a break and reset. After a certain time, all negative memories and emotions leave me and I can start playing again, as if nothing bad had happened.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How do you take a break from playing?
Yes, sometimes I need a break. I rest from the game, while I am engaged in other activities, of which there are always many household chores, or I solve other issues at work.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think this is a phenomenon that exists in many areas of life.
If you do something for a long time, after a while you willy-nilly burn out a bit. It's no different with poker. But fortunately, if you have several hobbies, you can easily find something else and then return to the poker tables with renewed vigor. I think even the pros take a break now and then, if not, they are real machines.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that this pause becomes essential when you have high expectations regarding the game, or when you have a financial need to win.
stopping is the best solution.
At least in my opinion.

D

dem_al100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, sometimes you have to take a pause.Sometimes I let myself take a break from poker for 10 days or more.After that, the game becomes even more desirable

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I usually only play on weekends, but sometimes I skip weeks....It's much better to play after a while than to press every day...at least you won't get bored of the game!

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ofcourse, after non stop playing for even a month yiu need to take a break, a little reset may I say. You need to be rested and clear minded for poker, just as in every other competetive competition.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course :) , after a big win i always take a break of 2-3 days or why not , a vacation :) , depends on the prize , how big is it :)

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
Yes, I usually do sessions from 40 to 1 hour, rest between sessions reading books, eating a fruit while studying poker, playing chess, reviewing hands that I scored to learn more about my mistakes, clearing my mind and preparing again to enter another session

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I play for many days in a row I end up getting tired of playing and I have to go a few months without playing for the desire to return.

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
yes, need to rest. for example, I sleep all day.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I recommend taking a break if you notice that your game is not adequate due to the break. Many times you'll notice if when you lose a tournament you think things like “and yes, I lost badly. But when I played well in the other tournament, they beat me with worse cards”, meaning you let the past influence your present game. Rest for at least a day and come back when you really feel the ambition to win and play well.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course you need a break. If I have a lot of poker, then I start tilting. Rest above all

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How do you take a break from playing?
Hi
For me, poker is entertainment. I play in the evenings after work just for fun. Therefore, every night when I have time for poker is a good night for me. Basically, I don't need breaks because I don't have enough free time to play as much as I would like.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Yes, I think that sometimes it is necessary to take a break, because then I come back with more enthusiasm and more energy to play more calmly.

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game full of mood swings
The game effects psychologically quite deep for us depending on the beats we encounter
Hence it's very compulsory to identify the timing of swings at the table and take necessary break because obviously we will keep leaking money if we don't .
I always take breaks , I would always prefer taking breaks inbetween , keep playing short sessions to avoid mental fatigue which is also important factor to consider for getting tilted often at tables

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, poker breaks are absolutely necessary. Otherwise, you can just go crazy. There are many things in this life to take a healthy break. In this regard, my dog helps me out. Walking with her helps to distract from game tactics and strategies. It's funny, but when a dog poops, you don't think about poker at all. It is important to collect the poo in a bag and take it all to the trash.:sneaky:

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I do not take a break unless it is forced to leave for another country or there are a lot of things to do. Yes, I celebrate being rested, but I play with different intensity on different days of the week.

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, sometimes it's good to take a break from poker, especially if you're on a losing streak. It's good to clear your head and get back into focus. Since I play more as a hobby, I have no problem taking a longer break.