Do you sometimes need a break from poker?

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Due to fatigue, I've been taking days off all the time lately, and I don't play poker on Friday and Monday.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
There comes time that everybody needs a break, itz easy just stop playing

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It depends on whether I have time and what tournament is next.Freeroll, or paid and do I have money for it.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Quite honestly wish I had more time to play now days. Kinda miss the days when I could grind.

Reality is a good poker real life balance is key having a healthy lifestyle and being healthy. If had no job and was to setup the perfect schedule for me it'd be playing from Thursday-Sunday(busiest days online). Off 2 days in a row either Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday. So would make Monday or Wednesday study day.

Everyone sooner or later needs a break.

Cheers!!!

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I take a day off from poker every week. On this day I watch movies, cook something especially tasty for myself and my wife, and also just allow myself to get enough sleep)

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For online poker players, taking regular breaks is crucial for optimal performance and well-being. Continuous play can lead to mental fatigue, reducing decision-making skills and increasing susceptibility to tilt. Ideally, a short break every hour is beneficial. It helps in refocusing, reducing eye strain, and maintaining a clear mind. Longer sessions might require extended breaks to refresh completely. Listen to your body and mind; if you feel drained or your gameplay is suffering, it's time to step away. Balancing play with adequate rest, hydration, and physical activity is key for sustaining a healthy and profitable poker career. Remember, poker is a marathon, not a sprint.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whether you are an amateur or a professional, in any case, a break is needed to recover mentally and physically, the game takes a lot of energy, and this is optimal for the body and head

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I never really feel the need to take a break from poker. Lately, I spend many hours daily playing, and it would be a lie if I said it tires me. I'm in a learning process, so that's why I dedicate so much time. However, if my goal were to achieve the best performance possible, I would play fewer hours and take more breaks. I do feel much more focused when I don't play as much or take a day off from the game.
That's why I believe it's always good to take at least a short break, not to mention if you feel you need it. Forcing yourself to play while ignoring your mental state doesn't seem like a good plan to me.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I frequently need a break from everyone and everything, just saying😅👍

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes you need a rest of about 2-3 days. Poker isn't a problem for me so I don't get tired

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Ok, taking a break for 4-5 days corresponds with my poker vision.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I generally take a break for 10 minutes after playing 50 minutes to regain focus and make less mistakes.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How do you take a break from playing?
My break is always in my travels, I take the opportunity to relax, reflect and think about many subjects (most of the time my thoughts turn to new trips) and I play fewer hours and days

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it doesn’t matter how you rest, the main thing is that it is both moral and physical. But you definitely need to find time to rest from poker.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes I do, sometimes a week or more. I just like to play when I am having fun.

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think everyone should have a break every now and then. Recharging your batteries does you the world of good.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course. Everyone needs. If you don’t give a break you have chances to become addicted or very tired (mental especially), and this will affect yourself in the tables of tournaments etc. So give a break, take a breath, sometimes some days is very useful too and then comeback to play, when you are going to be more rested and calm

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
a) not a break, poker is our job
b) of course you must rest
c)I don't know if it will be any good anyway

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Certainly. Even something you love can get boring if you do it all the time. I prefer to spend time outdoors, socializing with family and friends when I'm not playing poker.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, I take a break from time to time. Sometimes the game just gets boring and uninteresting if I play too much. A break helps me regain strength and patience. During the break, I rest, go for a walk, do other daily activities.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Yes. Sometimes even a few weeks break if I can't concentrate and don't have much time to play.