Do you sometimes need a break from poker?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, i do and do more often than most know. Most times it's just a day r 2 but when I really need a break its more likely 2 or 3 weeks. Usually when I come back from a longer break, I am super energized to play again.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Yes, even more when i tilt, its a good idea to have breaks if you play poker.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Poker is a game of ups and downs, victories and defeats that can swing your mood from sheer delight to utter disappointment. Sometimes, especially when losses outweigh the wins, the wisest choice can be taking a simple break from the game, Taking breaks from poker, days or months it depend from person to other, can be highly beneficial. It allows you to recharge, regain enthusiasm, and often leads to improved performance when you return. Many players find they play better and with a fresh perspective after a break. It's a common and valuable strategy for maintaining both your passion and your game. Good luck at the tables!

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I have no problem stopping playing poker for a while. I'm not a compulsive gambler. I play when I have the opportunity to play, and I'm not a recreational player, but I have contempt for game variations or beat bets. This is because, I believe it is being manipulated, that is, rare events always occur against the agent, and often in tournaments there are active players and they win big pots and then for no real reason, they become inactive - this is a type of robot behavior.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm on a very long losing streak. I'm really thinking about taking a break, to review things, think about mistakes. Sometimes it can be good for the game!

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, everyone needs a break))
1-2 days a week won't hurt, it will save money

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, I rest periodically to gain strength)

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play on an evening haven't had a proper break for a few year. Had the odd day off hear and there but only when time doesn't allow for it.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I have no problem stopping playing poker for a while. I'm not a compulsive gambler. I play when I have the opportunity to play, and I'm not a recreational player, but I have contempt for game variations or beat bets. This is because, I believe it is being manipulated, that is, rare events always occur against the agent, and often in tournaments there are active players and they win big pots and then for no real reason, they become inactive - this is a type of robot behavior.
It sounds like you have a healthy perspective on your poker playing habits and are mindful of potential manipulation or unfair practices in the game. Being able to recognize when something doesn't feel right and being willing to step away for a while shows a level of self-awareness that's important in any recreational activity, especially one involving elements of chance and strategy like poker.

Concerns about game variations and beat bets are valid, as the integrity of the game is crucial for players to enjoy it fully. If you feel that certain aspects of the game are manipulated or unfair, it's reasonable to reassess your involvement and perhaps explore other recreational activities that align better with your values and preferences.

Remaining vigilant against potentially unethical behavior, such as the type of robotic or inactive play you mentioned, can help maintain the integrity of the game and ensure that everyone participating has a fair and enjoyable experience. Trusting your instincts and setting boundaries when it comes to recreational activities like poker is commendable and can contribute to a more positive overall experience.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I think every player needs a break occasionally. I usually notice that I need a break when I start to play without patience or when I'm exhausted after playing for only 1-2 hours.

Inabit

Inabit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Yes I think breaks are necessary, not just for poker but for any hobby/activity. You never want to get to the point where it is all consuming since it will affect your performance. How long the break is will depend on the player.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Lately quite the opposite, I think I need to play a few more days. Luckily I'm doing very well and I want to take advantage. But because of my other job I don't have the time.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We all need it! How long depends on each person.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I took a break for a couple of months last year. Even though I mainly play freerolls. I did come back refreshed afterwards.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course, you need to take a break from poker. If you don't take a break from poker, you'll get very angry when you lose one or two times, and so on, you'll get tilt and you'll be angry so you need to take a break from poker after the break, you'll calmly go and play your game and won't be angry

B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I need a break right about now. Couple weeks straight down I could tell it was effecting my decision making today

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby, so I can take a break for 1-2 days or for half a year or even more.

nguyenhanh

nguyenhanh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
The thought of rest is always necessary, it helps you to be more alert

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If it isn't your job - just rest until you feel like playing again.

It should be fun to play, not something you have to do for a certain amount of time (unless you really need the money).

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Absolutely. If i play poker for hours and hours, day after day, i will start getting tilted if i start getting many loses.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
When you play a lot - or even constantly - your brain may lack clarity. Decisions are made as if in a fog, you begin to act automatically. Playing on autopilot is almost always negative. You must constantly analyze all factors, study your opponents, and take advantage of your advantages.Time away from the poker table will allow you to reflect on the decisions you made while playing. Instead of following the urge to open a couple of new tables and win back, try to pause, clear your head and work on your mistakes. Try to improve the quality of your game and when you feel calm and confident again, return to grinding.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
If you lose too much in one day, you should rest a bit