Do You Show After Bluffing?

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the situation. If you ChipLeader why not start bluffing, but I believe that bluffing should be justified in most cases, then success will be on your side :)

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never!
Try to prevent giving information to opponents.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t show very often. Why would I give away free information is my thought. Unless the villain happens to be very irritating or deserves a dose of poker humility then I may show as a means to needle or get a weaker player to retaliate.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not show the cards after bluffing, it's a kind of rudeness as for me) Let the opponent guess what was in my hand ... Intrigue)

gotace503

gotace503

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on situation. one on one yes...

AlexPedsPaps

AlexPedsPaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tricky one as you can argue psychological benefits of both sides. However i’d vouch for not showing as what they don’t know can’t help them! Keep them guessing :)

Unless of course you’re playing with a bunch of close friends and really have something to prove, so you shove them all out with your 7 2 and take pride in showing them ;)

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, showing your cards after bluff in terms of psychological side is a bad move, because of few reasons. First, a villain will definitely know if he was right or wrong in that situation, folding his hand. It`s more important than you may think. As I noticed, often players can not avoid tilt not only after making bad calls but after making tough folds. So forcing him to fold best hand and not showing your bluff gives you at minimum psychological advantage especially during next few hands. Thereafter they could play too much aggresive with weak hands. Second, you can not be sure to get good hands in the near future, so if you want to steal some banks it wouldn`t be so easy after showing a bluff.

7drewski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a tight player, show some bluffs, if you are a loose aggresive player, show your winning non bluff hands.

K

kened2112

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the worst thing you can do is show a bluff, and when you want to do it again you will have less credibility

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are in a live game , maybe. But online never.

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am still in the school of not showing any of my hands unless I have. I don't really have the experience or the plan on how showing my cards will give away information to opponents and how/if they will change there game. Once I get more experience under my belt I expect that I will show when I can get a better understanding on how the showing off my cards will alter play at the table.

S

SimplyTheWin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes show up in the finals, because that's part of the bluff.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hands, winning or losing, but it can be a strategy you show the hand when you make a low bluff bet and show the cards, then make a high value bet on the hand, it can ruin a few cards, this strategy has worked a few times. But it depends on who you are playing with

purple714

purple714

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some think it's a good idea to advertise their hand after bluffing. This can be a good tactic but only if you bluff occasionally. The ones that bluff and show regularly can be dangerous though as you never know if they have a good hand or not until you felt them or they felt you, lol.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when bluffing is not worth it to show and do not ever show your cards.

I

Igor An

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards to anyone interested, let them lift and look))

grogrich

grogrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i have a lower cards and i win, i will show for my opponent to see this reaction.

R

rakspin_vr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards. Sometimes ... very rarely I only show one of the playing cards.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see no reason to show your cards to the opponents after a reset, no matter the bluff it was or not, let them think and wonder about the style of my game

P

panapper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometime ill show the 7-2 bluff, but in most cases its only so i can get an easier chance to trap a player when my hand is dominating. but in most cases its to pi## people off

T

tojobaggins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Question!

Every time I do I regret it instantly. So I don't.:star:

Alkovalenko

Alkovalenko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a bluff and then when I read of the opponent

K

KevinLee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show a bluff unless the opponent has proven that showing a bluff will turn him into a tiltmonkey. :cool: