Do You Show After Bluffing?

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't show, I only show if someone asks, but that happens very rarely.

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never because you let them see your style game and that is bad

I

imdabest101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show online. I always have the auto muck option on. When I play live, I show sometimes though I want to stop in the future. I don't want to give my opponents an idea of how I play.

bellam

bellam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually only show when I have to at showdown. I have shown successful bluffs on rare occasions, but I have then often used my table image therafter to value bet bigger more frequently.

E

Ekaterina Danilenko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in online poker try not to show cards after a bluff, it makes no sense because we don't see each other and do not see. And after this move, many are beginning to play aggressively (constantly all ins), and it spoils all impression of the game

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rarely show the cards when bluffing....only when you want to tilt the oponnent...

M

Moe DeLawn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show after a bluff. Why give free info to the table. Keep them guessing is my motto.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards, it is not advisable, giving too much information to your opponent is not good

R

RobAnaes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost never show, though I have been thinking about it, I'm probably a bit too tight, makes it hard to get called when I have a decent hand.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not show because poker is a game of information and less information you provide to your opponent, the better.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's completely depends on the situation. If I am playing only premium starting hands I may show a bluff with a lower range of cards . Showing bluffs is a tool used for misinformation. to my opponents.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make sure to always have the Muck button checked.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I dont cause showing cards after bluffing means that you are giving information on your playing style, opponent(s) must pay to see cards

Effe44

Effe44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I shove a bluff to calm down a bluffmaniac player at the table. But this is really rare...

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never ever show my cards win or lose and I love it if a player shows their cards after a hand cos I know I am playing against a fish.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only time to show a bluff is when you really want to get someone on tilt. I show a good hand instead once in a great while. That way maybe they will think I always have a good hand and never bluff.
I don't really bluff at all, I usually am trying to get you to put chips in the pot. You do believe me don't you? I will from time to time pick up chips that no one seems to want.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do chuckle to myself when someone keeps going all in and showing how "great" a player they are by bluffing and showing nothing. Like I didn't know they had junk, I just didn't want to lose to a bingo player.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I will show a bluff it helps to get ppl to call wen u have the best hand and wen u annoy someone they r more likely to make a mistake against u. By sometimes I mean rarely I do agree with the ppl that say don't give them any information.

G

GLovvorn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes

As a general rule I never show my cards when playing online. I don't like giving away free information. Live play where I can get a better read on the table I will sometimes show to set someone up or put them on tilt.

It can be a very effective tactic but you have to know who your playing. It is rarre for me to sit at a table with the same players for hours playing online. People bounce in and out to much.

GeoStampede

GeoStampede

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends.
Normally I don't show my hands, bluffing or stomping. However, if I've been beating the hell out of a chipleader with strong hands, and afterwards I get a pot from a good bluff I may show the bluff to try and tilt him/her. Oh, and as I'm not a constant bluffer (god I hate those) it also helps me to set them to call a strong hand next time. Misleading the villain (or the hero, as this is a cruel thing to do :p) is really helpful, mainly in MTT as players are more likely to AI as they try to get some chips and climb up positions. And as people bounces in and out the tables in an MTT, giving information wouldn't be a problem. Probably 10 minutes later you'll be in a different table against different people...

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No i dont show.Only when i play with my friends for fun

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Showing, even online, can become useful when there is a history, and you feel you can rely on what you think your opponent thinks.
But in general, I'd rather get maximum respect for my bluffs for as long as possible.

R

renatoAD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never show, I will not give information for free to the villain!

GeoStampede

GeoStampede

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never show, I will not give information for free to the villain!

Oh, but what if you are the villain and you need to give the hero some wrong information so he falls directly into your trap? :evil::evil::evil::evil: