Do You Show After Bluffing?

S

shdills

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always muck

I played with someone last night that was getting into the habit of bluffing. He starte showing his hand. Well, that came back to bite him because, he was telling on his self He was no longer able to get away with it. He lost soon after. To me if you are going to bluff then keep it to yourself or it can backfire. I can understand wanting to let people know you just got them but, don't cause bluffing will be harder next time

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the situation
so I try never to do this. this is the essence of the game
Sometimes, I can show my own hand.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My tactic is that among you show a bluff, but for the most part I do not show.
It does not matter if I play tight or aggressive.

W

williamcafferkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally never show a bluff but if you know the person is on tilt show them then take all their chips usually works

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I can show the cards , but only for cases when I am going to bluff , I will be believed

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show whether I'm bluffing, have the nuts or anything in between.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just curious. I always muck every hand win or lose...bluff or not. Some show a 7-3 off after a good bluff. I think its pretty low class but I guess they have their reasons. What are your thoughts?

I don't show bluffs nor do I slow roll winning hands in live games. I know of couple of guys who did this during games with some bad characters. These two fellows were later found in a dumpster. Politeness counts.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you're bluffing, it's best not to show your card ...

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just curious. I always muck every hand win or lose...bluff or not. Some show a 7-3 off after a good bluff. I think its pretty low class but I guess they have their reasons. What are your thoughts?

I think that those who show their hand after a successful bluff want to show their superiority over the loser, but in fact he gives opponents information about himself and other players will make better decisions in relation to him. I agree with you - this behavior shows weakness)

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no point in showing them my cards the next time it will catch me

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rare for me to show any cards. There is the off chance to show a strong hand in hopes of maybe getting a walk later.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not really like bluffing though it is necessary in the game, in general my bluffs are with premium cards, 73 is not in my betting range

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i bluff

the one thing you never want to do is show your hand if you have the winning hand if every folds even if you bluff. if you bluff and show your hand people can catch on how you play.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That would be just rubbing salt in the wound. And simply bad poker policy with the disrespect to your fellow players.

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oo, it's very surprising when you show 2 and 6 at the end))

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing a bluff should only be done strategically if you ask me. If you show a bluff one time, that should be because you are setting up a play. If you run hot and bet accordingly, players may still think you are bluffing. A good way to do that is bluff in a low risk situation. Say a pot that was check on the flop and the turn. That way you keep the pot cheap and dont risk too much to bluff. Even if you're play doesnt work and you get called, allowing them to see your bluff is not necessarily a bad thing. It means you can take advantage of your image and that people will see you as a bluffer

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards .. Why should I give free information to my opponents?

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never gives too much information they wanna see my hand they gotta call!

JDCT12

JDCT12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never ever show- EVER! You have to pay to see em. I guess the one exception is if you want to tilt your opponent and showing that you had the winning hand and he/she got lucky

MetaDon7577

MetaDon7577

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not bluff often, but when I manage to create a bluff, I sometimes try to show the players that I have deceived them, thereby making it difficult for them to read me in the future.

R

Rskeyyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never do that. not my style;) why? as for me it's an information for others.