• Total voters
C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a girl with no husband, but I would probably share my bankroll, but not 50/50. I mean, I won that money and it's not fair to give 50% to my partner play poker, 10-15% it's a good amount I think (of course, considering that poker is just a fun and not a way to win money for the house).

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would not share my bankroll. 2 separate bankrolls is the way to go

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Since we all live in a single 3 bedroom house, and the computer is in the living room, kinda hard for her not to notice what games, I'm playing

Yet I swear this is the last time I'm sending funds to her, also she only plays on P.S at the moment
get a laptop & take it to McDonalds for a coffee

the underlined statement above, I said that same thing probably 500x lol

I'd be willing to bet that you WILL send her money again on Stars... & again... & again & again, LoL

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm a girl with no husband, but I would probably share my bankroll, but not 50/50. I mean, I won that money and it's not fair to give 50% to my partner play poker, 10-15% it's a good amount I think (of course, considering that poker is just a fun and not a way to win money for the house).

I'm between wives at the moment, how about 40%. :D

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has to be a troll and a trolling thread. You can't be serious right now. Why do you feel entitled to half of his stuff? He worked for it, not you. It's his will to decide whether he wants to share with you or not. I hate women with self-entitlement. And you don't sound serious about poker. Because good female poker players from this forum and other forums have built bankrolls from freerolls. Your husband built his bankroll from freerolls, why can't you? It's free to play and you have nothing to lose but time. Although time is money, if you're not utilizing that time to generate revenue such as work, then you have nothing to lose.

I built my bankroll from freerolls on full tilt with help from cardschat. Freerolls are great way to build bankrolls without risking anything but time. If you can't even build a bankroll through freerolls, then you don't got what it takes to play poker seriously. FFS, I even built my bankroll using public freerolls although private freerolls boosted my bankroll exponentially.

Winning money from a freeroll is not a work? LMFAO.

Last edited:
J

jimmylytle2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay say he wins $100, and you lose $50 playing your half..
Then you say his bankroll is at $50 and you deserve $25, and you lose $25 playing your half .
He has $25 remaining and you want half. So he got to spend $12.50 while you played your 'half'...
My friend did this so much to me that I quit transferring funds to them to play poker until they gave me funds first. I could not win enough to keep money on my poker site and transfer them funds as fast as they were losing it on theirs.

You keep the bankroll so low that your partner cannot enter larger tourneys and boost the bankroll enough to win enough to buy you a dinner or a dress...

D

detourglr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me and my wife have seperate bankroll.. she doesnt do the bankroll system like I do. Why my bankroll is bigger than hers... LOL

J

Jdawg0913

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't but I have always thought about it. I have a friend who's game I respect very much and trust. I would consider it but I am not sure how that would work. If we r sharing a roll, do we double the roll management? For instance I use 50 buyins for cash games. Since we have 2 players, does that mean 100 buyins? Or stay with the 50?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think half is a bit much. My husband plays very rarely so I don't mind kicking him 10 bucks here and 10 bucks there, but I would become frustrated if I had to split everything with him. Its sometimes hard maintaining your own bankroll let alone carrying someone else. jmo
Good luck to you guys, lol

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
None of my posts over the years have ever gone on this long and have had this much attention, lol.

As to answer some of the questions posted in this thread.

A) She's not trolling she's dead serious about it

B) The double the B.R rule management works well (When you've got a player that is willing to follow it and thus that's the only way to move up)..So for instance if you're stuck at a level and have 50 buy-ins for that level but your friend is like F-it he has 50 for the level and I have 10 for that level so together you'd both have 60 for that level and he decides to move up while you're still playing at the said level this would leave to more complications in the future.

C) Just so you all know she's officially back to being broke again, and thus in the process took me down with her (So Collin you were correct, in the fact I couldn't say no to her), because well it's honestly not the easiest thing to hear day in and day out. Why can't you give me money, it's only poker F-it, you're a cheap skate, I never thought you'd do me like this, what's more important money that's not your hard earned money or me? And at times just over all comments while watching the T.V or while I'm playing and she'll just come near me and be like hey Mr.Cheap Skate how you doing? Any bad beats today? And If I do go to tell her about it, she'll pull a (Rock Move), I don't care, serves you right. Or while I'm playing she'll turn the T.V up to the max and get the kids all hyped up so it's next to impossible to play, lol.

Yup anyways just wanted to let you all know

pasqua544

pasqua544

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honour thy bankroll... the rest is 50-50.
That is our marriage. My wife doesn't play so while I do the grinding, it is something we share. I win she wins.

Erlisauskas

Erlisauskas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I share because want to tell that im "pro" :D

S

SJL99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This isn't a joke?

Jeeeezusss. You should be embarrassed to give in to her just like that. Why the hell should she have any % if it's your time and effort and winnings? I mean I buy my Mrs a new pair of shoes or something when I have a decent run and bank some $$$ but she would never be so selfish to ask me for any % let alone 50%.

Under the thumb springs to mind - this thread is ridiculous.

S

SJL99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACTUALLY, the fact you are both posting on here in the same thread is really weird.

The female half of this relationship sounds like a head case and the male just sounds weak.

Does she let you play with your friends at the weekend?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACTUALLY, the fact you are both posting on here in the same thread is really weird.

The female half of this relationship sounds like a head case and the male just sounds weak.

Does she let you play with your friends at the weekend?

lol, I don't understand why I'm weak to give in to the misses? If I don't give in then it's an argument over poker, and If I give in and am honest about it I'm weak (Damn I'm in a lose/lose situation), about that other part about playing with friends on the weekends (I do leave the house when I want to but usually also leads to questioning hour:eek: ), than I get to leave as long as she knows where I'm going, and whom I'll be with, and what I'm doing and so forth. In all fairness I could put my foot down over it but really just so tiring to have to really get into a huge argument over it and it's too time consuming and things will be said and feelings would be hurt that it's just not worth it for her or I (Isn't that what a relationship is about), give and take? Yet she just keeps taking and taking, lol

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, I don't understand why I'm weak to give in to the misses? If I don't give in then it's an argument over poker, and If I give in and am honest about it I'm weak (Damn I'm in a lose/lose situation), about that other part about playing with friends on the weekends (I do leave the house when I want to but usually also leads to questioning hour:eek: ), than I get to leave as long as she knows where I'm going, and whom I'll be with, and what I'm doing and so forth. In all fairness I could put my foot down over it but really just so tiring to have to really get into a huge argument over it and it's too time consuming and things will be said and feelings would be hurt that it's just not worth it for her or I (Isn't that what a relationship is about), give and take? Yet she just keeps taking and taking, lol

Sounds like she got you just were she wants you abdi lol, whipped and broken to the point you won't fight back. :p.

Sounds like might want to take some advice, that was posted previously in the thread if I recall and go to a cafe or something and play poker (tell her your going to buy smokes lol). Sounds like a tough situation, somewhat lucky for me the wife doesn't play or have any patience to want to play poker but as you said its a give and take relationship for it to work, so I'm sure once she isn't a few thousand miles away and comes up north with me that my poker will be cut back some or I would wind up divorced LOL.

GL on rebuilding the br, just tell her your broke and only playing freerolls but don't say anything if you bink something and all is good you can build it back up then. :D

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm afraid to say you are doomed abdi, if you have kids with this woman and all your lifes about her and the kids, you'll just need to accept it and maybe kick your own ass for getting involved with her in the first place.....I'm sorry man that you are not happy, I hope you can sort it all out in the future........if things get too bad where its affecting your mental health then GET OUT.....you will still see your kids and you still have rights. Gl to ya.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jajaaja this rather teased about sharing the money, as it sometimes takes to win at least 10 dollars and when you're growing the bankroll you suddenly half is about sharing ... I pity you, lol

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't but I have always thought about it. I have a friend who's game I respect very much and trust. I would consider it but I am not sure how that would work. If we r sharing a roll, do we double the roll management? For instance I use 50 buyins for cash games. Since we have 2 players, does that mean 100 buyins? Or stay with the 50?

If you are both playing the same stake, I think 50 buyins is fine.

I would consider it as...instead of you playing for some time and your wife playing for some time, consider it as you playing for the whole time. Your bankroll is just being used more than it normally would be (if that makes sense...), and I don't think you would need to change the buyin limit if you were sharing your bankroll