Do you see poker as Hobby or job?

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys id like to know your opinions on this. Do you guys see poker as a hobby or a job and why?

Hobby, helps me de-stress the day.
I study and work at the same time, I need poker and drugs hahahaha

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it's a hobby, because I don't live off the finances I win in poker, so I don't play poker too seriously ...

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to think of poker as a hobby but I like the idea of extra money every now and then.

So much free stuff online a player can really play leisurely online and pull out a small yearly profit.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker is a hobby that I want to be a job when my luck changes and I win enough to survive and thrive.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in fact i see poker as an opportunity, i am recreational but i hope one day i become a professional!

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost my job recently because of the pandemic. Right now I view poker seriously even I'm playing micro stakes. I try so hard for the past few months to improve my game and Cardschat helped me a lot especially when I saw their "How to become a winning poker player in 30 days".

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think neither of them, but I could say that as a hobby.right now I see it as a chance to get some extra money

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I see poker as a hobby that will bring me income in the future. I believe that it is very important in life to do your favorite thing, so I made my choice and my favorite thing is poker.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a hobby to me at the moment. I play it when I feel like it, which for the most part is most days. I really enjoy poker but still have much to learn before I could ever consider it to be a job that I am consistently earning enough to live on. Perhaps one day :).

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at my rate of winning its hard even to say that its a hobby a job is way to mutch.

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not a hobby because I don't play just for fun. I'm playing everyday, always trying to learn more and trying to win.
It's also not a job because I don't make enough money to even feed my dog...
So, atm poker is game I do enjoy and I'm trying to beat by becoming lucrative.
I guess this it.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a hobby for sure. Something I enjoy and it wouldn't stay that way having to play to make a living.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A hobby
A job no, because it is not reliable

G

Germanets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, there is no chance to get same money for me in next year in poker as I get now from my work. That's why poker is just one of my hobbies.

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha this is brilliant, I always tell my missus Im going to work when I'm actually going to sit on my pc and play poker.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Before my country went into the economic crisis I saw it as a hobby but now it turns out that I earn more playing poker than with my usual job

H

Hebens

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing just for fun. If i can win i'm happy, but if i'm not win, i'm not disappointed, because i get experience.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see poker in many ways, it helped me to value patience and try to get it, I relate poker to an intriguing puzzle, to the national and international financial market, both require an opportunistic view to make a profit, poker is something I enjoy with the possibility of making a profit and training my mind

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see poker as a hobby because I don't win enough money to be considered my job. I see as hobby that can give me an extra money every month. :)

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't live off poker, it's a hobby for me.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is a game of pleasure considering that I did not earn money from it to allow myself to pay my current expenses.

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a hobby, because at work people sit for 8-12 hours a day

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider playing poker as a hobby, since I have a family, and it is important for me to know that my financial stability is due to my work as an engineer. Taking the game of poker as a job, it is first of all constant risks and instability, plus a lot of time to tart. And life does not stand still.