Which Do You Prefer AK or JJ?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
vs weaker players it's better to have JJ, because bad players like to overplay their lower pps. Good example are CC freerolls where people calls every PPs. They don't look at positions, number of bbs, your perceived range etc. They just call. That's why it's better to have JJ and dominate so much lower pps than make a flip with your AK vs some random low pps, which shouldn't be called.

vs regular players I believe AK is better. Mostly because of blockers you can try to represent stronger range on many structures.
Of course AK vs weak players is also a good combination, because you dominate so many weaker Ax of your opponent, but still it's harder to play it postflop when you miss a board, because you have a lower fold equity.

Minsk Pavel

Minsk Pavel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer AK, I can limp sometimes with JJ, I never limp with AK.

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolute AK, becouse i lose too much money with JJ, TT...
I prefer 89s, jts and draw for exemple to flush.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is naturally better in position against JJ in a simple variation, and then it will fall like a card.))

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.I prefer aa or kk.)) and if you choose between the waltzes and the king with an ace, then a pair is better on the preflop.

S

suehtam05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer AK. Worst case scenario you agains AA and have bad equity, but any other pair you are alive. JJ frequently runs into AA QQ KK or after the flop is in a bad spot when a K or A turns up

T

thiagotup197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have the preference because ak or jj are strong cards ak suter

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ has show down value - A/K is alright heads up - but is quite precarious multi-way.
To play A/K successfully my opinion, you have to re-raise any opens pre - to attempt to get head up.

JJs are pretty easy to play imo - open pre - or call the open bet and call down, fold if K or Ace appear - unless defending late vs LP open.

Do not re-raise with JJ - unless you are prepared to either fold or call a 3bet - and fold on Ace flop - or rebuy once you get sucked out on - by the river.

Open jam - and prepare to rebuy - either smaller pair binks the set - K/Q hits over pair, or Ace rag hits the Ace that is always coming.
All are wrong - lol.

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Post flop AKs
Pre flop JJ, because JJ has less flipping situations and almost the same domination situations

T

tachico

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I combine this two hands in cash game, I have to say that I lost more money with AK then with JJs. But I prefer AK.