Do you play suited hands?

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just checked my database and out of the last 100k hands, I was dealt 57k times suited cards. As there are 4 suits, the statistical value should be around 25%, so I see here a clear evidence, that online poker is juiced up to get more (new) players into the pot and drawing till the last card most of the time. The obvious result is, that our beloved aces and Kings will get bursted more than double the time as usual (supposing lots of new players play ALL suited hands).

My question is: Do you have similar results in your statistics?

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also think that there are a lot of flushes in the online game, that's why we should play with suited hands, especially with an A or K

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Thanks for the interesting information, I also observe such a trend that people start to enter hands more often with almost any suited hands.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There isnt even a solid excuse to NOT play them therefore ...

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yea sure. Better when is high cards. 76s, 98s, T9s, TJs, is not always good.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
They are good hands to be played, but I do not like to commit too much before the flop is shown.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also think that there are a lot of flushes in the online game, that's why we should play with suited hands, especially with an A or K
Ok, my research goes deeper. As I usually play only Axs, Kxs and some of the suited connectors, I played 17k of my 57k hands (including unraised BB). Win loss is almost 50/50. The interesting part is, that I had 50% of my 17k hands connected on the flop to 2 suits I needed, and made to get more or less 880 Flushes!!!!!(which is more around 5% than to 10 % as it should be. I will not start to talk about made flushes, that lose to Boats or Quads or better flushes :p

Edith: Forget about the last part, 880 is 10% of the 8.5k flush draws

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I almost always play hands of the same suit, especially 67, 98, 10j, Ax, Kx. But I throw away cards like 32, 45, 53, because they rarely realize themselves on the flop.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
a large number of people play the same suit cards, which leads people to flushes and sometimes even for both players it and one of them loses thinking he's older

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you still managed to get two cards of the same suit, then this is great luck. After all, you can get cards in your hand, especially of the same suit, with a chance of about four percent. But if luck smiled, do not rush to give out your emotions. Subsequently, there is a chance to collect great combinations, such as a straight, and later there may be a flush. Precisely due to the fact that with the help of such cards in your hands you can collect strong combinations. Later there is a chance to pick up the jackpot. It is on the flop that the very moment may appear to collect a straight and a flush.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I do not always play them, but often play with connecting suited hands.
With them there are several options to create a good combination.
Of course, these may have the disadvantage, for e.g. if you have a 4s5s and you have flush, you can easily be seduced and fall big against a bigger flush. But for example, a 10sJs or QsJs starting hand is hard to resist.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course. For me it’s the best hands to play because you increase your chances to win even more if it’s connected cards

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course , you have bigger chane to catch a flush :)

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Much depends on me, many suited cards are certainly in my range. But it really depends on stack size, how the table is playing and how my mood is. They certainly look pretty when dealt. But i feel chasing flush draws when the pot odds are not in your favour, is a losing play in the long run.

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Depends on the strength of the hand and on my position at the table

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like to open these cards. If there is a flush, you are almost guaranteed to take all the winnings. Yes, there is a higher flush, but this is rare.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play the same suit but not all cards. It makes no sense to play on a small map because you can lose to another flash. I haven't seen my story yet.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If there are no big bets, then any match card is good. Otherwise, it's better if they are also connectors. In general, it doesn't get better than AA.:):):)

nachopaulo19

nachopaulo19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I even try, but I never get a flush. My opponents, on the other hand, seem to be very lucky, because they play with luck even though they go all-in and most of the time they get it right.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Of course I play suited hands. Playing suited hands increases your chances of winning by 4%,so if the situation and game favors playing them I will do so . And I will win with them 4% more often than if they were unsuited. It is all math folks, aligorical experiences not withstanding.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes, I play suited cards and especially suited connectors. But I play this pocket cards only if I can pay small bets to see flop.

iveta777

iveta777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always play suited conectors like 56-89 or something its a great hand for make flysh or straight

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like suited hands, especially suited connectors. With these hands we can surprise the opponents or put pressure on them.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In many comments I argued that the game of poker is not only played with strong hands, most of the time any other combination of cards wins

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the phase of the tournament. In the early phase I play often connectors from 9/10s up. In the middle phase I'm in with connectors 5+ and one-gap suited connectors. BTW you need to remember that it also depends on your position and raises of previous players. In the late phase all connectors

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands