Do you play poker when you are stressed?

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never ... I’m totally disaster playing like that. I make incredible horrible moves when I’m stressed.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play stressful, when I’m stressed I make bad decisions

P

Pepask

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey folks,

sometimes when I am stressed, i play some micro tournaments until I win some pots which makes me feel better. Later on when the stress is gone, i succeed at usual buy-in tournaments.

Nice to read what you do.

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spew money for the most part when I play while i'm stressed or in a bad mood.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I don t play,ofcoarseStress directly reflects on the quality of my game.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
estress y poker

Hello, not if I'm stressed, I'm going to sleep. a tip never play stressed poker

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When stress, you want to play as soon as possible.:mad:

geitenkamper

geitenkamper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you find that it is a good stress reliever, or do you experience more stress from playing?

I myself try not to play poker when I am stressed because I find that I am more likely to make decisions I will regret in the long run at the poker table under these conditions.

no, stress orso doesnt influence my play.
I also dont get stressed when i have a bad streak with bad beats.
Sometimes just a moment a little angry, but no stress...

Playing poker makes me think of nothing, listen to music, or watch sports at the background..

:five:

Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES! I for sure play poker when Im stressed out.. Like when am I not stressed out? Im always stressing out over some crap or another.. I know I really shouldn't because I know for sure it affects the way I play. Thats one of the reasons Im not a winning player..and trust me there are many more..:argh::ciao:

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you find that it is a good stress reliever, or do you experience more stress from playing?

I myself try not to play poker when I am stressed because I find that I am more likely to make decisions I will regret in the long run at the poker table under these conditions.

If you're easily stressed poker is not for you:) Stress is a major tell at a poker table. If you are easily stressed but enjoy playing then online games are the way to go. That way you can adjust your anxiety levels accordingly without anyone being the wiser

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've made this huge mistake few times already.. and do not recommend. I mean, if you are stressed, probably there's a good reason for this you know.. and that being said, whatever happens on the poker table that does not go as planned will tilt you as easy as fallen asleep. So try to avoid this bad situations by not playing when feeling real stressed

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I don't play poker when I feel stressed out.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes i enter late at night

and it seldom works out well . I then get sleepy , uninterested and /or sloppy .

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stressed

The last time I get stress is from a game of poker. Apparently this is due to the hard moves of my top hands after the flop. Over the past month I have not won a single MTT tournament, I guess you just need to get enough sleep. I am very tired of the endless game.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker anytime I feel the desire to. Sometimes when I'm stressed it is a good stress reliever for me. I get lost in the game and all my stress and worries just go away.

R

rmbmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I find it to be like work

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have, and it is not a good idea, it is necessary to be 100% concentrated at all times and with the necessary tranquility to assume the commitment

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No im dont play when im stressed or i play bad...

B

birdman_ski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's impossible

If i'm stressed i can't play. I can't play easy

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to be in the game only on a positive note, stress is not the best time to play, I wait on the sidelines.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No,I don't play, because stress makes it difficult to fully evaluate the game.

joebenigno

joebenigno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one in the same for me as certain spots in poker can be really stressful (facing a river jam with top pair, getting check raised with an overpair)

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OOOOH yes

Poker is my game to take away the BS of the world. Its where i feel most in control and yet i love the gamble. I dont lose much so i can justify my love for the game which is just that the love of the game
So yeah with a little added self medication of fine wiskey and maybe a little sticky icky with a few deep runs and the world can go eff itself for now lol

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's a good idea to play poker when you get stressed. Because you'll make many mistakes because of the stress.