Do you play poker in pursuit of a career or as a Hobbie?

A

adakhi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play as a hobbie. I'm not good as i wish. Hehehe

A

alexmn

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For now it's just a hobby ... I hope that in the future I can make a career from this.

E

Esanu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for money. Someday I'll be rich ...

arielakarel

arielakarel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby, but it is my dream to be a successful profesional poker player

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a hobbie for me. I'm finishing medical school, but I try to study some poker and evolve even so.

H

horp22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker as a curiosity, now that I've seen so much swings, bad beats, etc. It's also a great pastime for unwinding. Also helps if you want to examine your mind/psyche. Lately, I have been getting the impression that players exhibit some form of charity, calling on a draw when the odds are agains't you. If everyone played supertight, not much cash will be changing hands.

bad_kabal

bad_kabal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good I seek as a hobby but I try to make something big that it can invest in a career but I'm going with the feet on the ground I'm not dreaming to become millionaire

pricechoppin

pricechoppin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for pure entertainment! I love the challenge and the thought process as well as meeting new people who share the same interests. I would never try to make it a profession I take the good with the bad, the wins are thrilling and the losses are all a part of the game. I have been playing online for about 7 years now and still feel like I am learning something new almost every game.

Mason Pye

Mason Pye

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker as a hobby. I don't play it as regularly as I would like due to work and the fact that I'm going to university in September. I love the feeling of running deep in a tournament playing for big money and is what keeps me playing. Hopefully if a win a big tourney such as the Sunday Million, then I would like to pursue it further. Take Jaime Staples for example. Played poker as hobby and made a few deposits. Decided to set up a stream on Twitch of him playing tournaments. Gains a huge fan base that watch him daily. Gets sponsored by pokerstars and is currently in Las Vegas playing Day 2 of the wsop Main Event. Just because you know you play poker as a hobby, doesn't mean that you will never pursue a career out of it. Just take Jaime's inspirational story for example.

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
iplay it for fun, and if i can take a profit of it awesome! and if someday i get the chance to play it pro i would certainly do it! hope someday get that chance lol! :D

kingkesh93

kingkesh93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm currently in my 2nd year of uni and play poker as a hobby. I have recently brushed up on my theory and I'm seeing results. I guess if I find myself in a position where I am consistently performing at a level I can go full time with poker, after I finish my degree, I definitely will pursue it. But for now, it's just a source of extra income for my university days

T

TianLong

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Supplemental income and fun budget reasons only. Maybe one day a career along side with my trading.

alejandro huerta

alejandro huerta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker is a hobby because I do not spend enough to try to become pro, but at a time so I keep imtentar win a jackpot when I have the opportunity to play a tournament high. :D

J

jakies123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play to earn money but... for Hobbie ok :)

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play as a hobby, but to improve my performance I will devote more hours.

steved757

steved757

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play as a hobby but I do wonder sometimes if I could make it pro playing online. But that is far more of a dream than a reality..

Rdsxfan

Rdsxfan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rec Player, wife and two kids in H.S.

When traveling for work I play tourneys 3 nights a week. Have kept my stats in Tourneys and Cash for the past 4 years and am up.

When I retire in about 4 years, the plan is to golf twice a week and play poker 2-3x per week. Looking forward to it.

GoMuCkUrSeLfZ

GoMuCkUrSeLfZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play for both to pursue a career and if that doesnt happen i will always play poker as i love the game

L

lupo_84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker as a hobby. I've never played as a pro but I would like it! I use to play online but I have never use real money yet!

T

TJHERE136

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker as...

I play as a hobby at the moment.

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For now, I play as a hobbie but I´m thinking of make that a career.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The capitalization of the H in the title of this thread makes me see "or as a Hobbit".

Edit: my answer would have been as a Hobbit.

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wrote "hobbie" too. Shame on me too!