Do you play poker in pursuit of a career or as a Hobbie?

ChillinVillian

ChillinVillian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the game even though it is cruel sometimes . My main goal is to play live tourney and follow the wsop for a year and see if it something I would like to do . I enjoy the tables communicating with others and just enjoy the overall experience of poker . I did go to the WSOP this past year and played in the Colossus event and had a really great time .
The travel part and places to stay seem to be the biggest hit on funds and I would need some help . I could afford to do that part if I were to have a backer for the games and make it profitable for the both parties upon cashing . I would absolutely love to do this ! :deal:

D

danvu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be a dream come true if I became a professional, but I am playing as a hobby atm

pricechoppin

pricechoppin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Purely entertainment for me But I do love the challenges and try hard to finish itm and become a better players in the games I do play...

J

Joaquin Moris

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a hobbie that makes an extra money

N

NadezhdaFMS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely a hobby

I do not try to be professional in every game has its own line of games like Khobi vosprimayu poker)) to monitor the main emotions and actions

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't call it a hobby but I am not a professional either. If I had the time and the money I would play all day every day!

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely have goals to play professionally. My goal is to move to Las Vegas and play live starting 1/2 for 40+ hours a week.

I'M SO CLOSE... I just need to quit my current job *facepalm*

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Not for hobby, not for career. It's like a habit! Like a cup of coffee in the morning! You just used to drin it.

C

chikoAA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no intentions to ever play professionally ever, I feel like that would zap a lot of fun out of the game and make it far more stressful than I want it to be

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Just wondering what the split ratio is on players here,
like are most on some kind of want to be a pro pursuit and investing hours and hours trying to get their.

Or is poker for you, purely a hobbie and something you have a love and passion for?

just for hobbie
:)