Do you play poker in pursuit of a career or as a Hobbie?

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I like (as a hobby) and of course one day I expect to be a professional poker player.

coloradosc

coloradosc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just play 4fun, don't have the time and knowledgement to play as a pro.

infotunes

infotunes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is a hobby, I'm not that skilled that I can make a living out of it. I work and in my free time I play poker. I do hope that someday I win a big prize, and that my play will improve during the time.

MilosNCAA

MilosNCAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker cus i want to be a millioner...i don't play "play money" so poker is not my hobbie...for now I'm ahead, so i will continuo to play.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Total hobby. No way I have the guts to put any real $$ at risk. And because of that that I would always be trying to protect i and just be playing scared.

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker definitely plays a role in my life as a hobby, not really serious. I just like to play the game, nothing more.

S

Swickster007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is just a hobby for me. I couldn't take the stress of doing it for a living. I get the anxiety sweats from freerolls. Haha. But it's a definite nice pass time for while I'm not working or changing diapers.

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's my #1 hobby.Love this game!

V

vvvslav810

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love this game ....but poker is only my hobby

B

bifelis

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is my hobby, but I hope it will make some cash onedays...

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pretty much stopped playing MTTs because real life is kicking my butt. I only have time to play cash games now. Good thing about cash games is you can leave whenever you want. You are not time committed to staying.

If I was single with no kids though, I'd probably be playing MTTs nonstop though :D

K

kozikpro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i have much time i play tourneys and try own some $$$
but when i have small time i play cash games or s&g`s i think its hobby

A

alexgl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for me - hobby. The opportunity to relax and get away ...

kabrouto22

kabrouto22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a hobby of course.Never had that dream becoming a pro poker player besides achieving that goal is extremely hard and for those who have huge BRs.Anyways i like the thrill of the game and shitting behind my pc while having my coffee suits me just fine!:D

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Total hobby when I have the time to play. Been spending most of time learning how to trade the markets instead of improving my game....

E

exostenz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHY DO I PLAY POKER

I play because I want to win money but I dont really make any money. I am a loser because my discipline is damaged. I love playing the game and when I am doing ok I love it.

Eventually I want to self manage properly to fix my disciplin so that I can escape the microstakes that I am bound to:eek:

S

Schizophrenn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is my hobbie. Nothing more. Of course it is a huge fun to earn for living by playing poker but it is too risky i suppose.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

Just wondering how much spending money you need for a week in Vegas? (room and travel excluded) As it happens I am playing to try and fund a holiday in 2015.

Also, how do you Amerians get on with the English tourists? is it a friendly amosmphere?

Me too! When are you going? Maybe we can bust some donkeys together!

badboyboat

badboyboat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started playing 35 years ago while on deployment as a way to pass the time and have some fun while away from home. When i retired we would get together every Wednesday night ,250.00 buy in and play until we were too drunk , passed out or broke. I learned a lot about people and the game during that 25 years. Now i use that knowledge to maintain a respectable second income, but do not consider myself a pro!

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'd have to call it ... a proffessional hobby :)

C

cogath

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a hobby that I make a little money from. Its possible it may develop more in the future. Unfortunately, its the closest thing I have to a pension plan ☺

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly play poker as a hobbie, I think if I would play it like a career it would be more stressful because I would take the fun out of it.

P

PhillipPaschal

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker as a hobby, I like it very much, but it is slowly turning as my career and I am very happy with that.

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that to me is a hobby, but speaking honestly think long term seeking a career as a professional player, because that right now is out of my reach I take poker as something I like to spend hours

Alexsandr Kononov

Alexsandr Kononov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me poker is a Hobie but in the future I want to make a career