Do you play poker in pursuit of a career or as a Hobbie?

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all honesty pokerstars has got Ridic I find it's a massive ground and a bit ground hoggy.

The big Mtt'sare cool just as bad as some of the micro stakes.

But as a whole the standard of poker in like sky poker or 888 poker, Is out of this world
It's almost like teleporting to another dimension where poker has different rules, where the worst player wins

G

GreatLeslie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely as a hobby for me. I feel like if I played as a career I would panic too much about losing money and it wouldn't be as much fun, however if you have a good size bankroll and have things like rent and bills sorted then you can relax a bit.

iPlay4Bitcoin

iPlay4Bitcoin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker will always be a hobby for me, I still love to play the game and enjoy it, but yes I am looking to pursue a career as a pro tournament player and streamer now.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I treat poker as a hobby. I already have a full time job, I still take university classes, and I have a wife & 2 kids. All at the young age of 27 :D ! No way in hell I could be a pro poker player.

Whenever I get sucked out on or coolered, I just laugh and move on. I could always replenish my bankroll if I need to, so there is no pressure on me to set money goals.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a career is difficult to consider poker, but also can not be called a hobby .. At the moment it extra income ... maybe in the future will be the poker as a job, but with today's laws, tax and social society, it is difficult to say how the work...

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play as a hobby that pays for my yearly Vegas vacation...

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take it as entertainment, but they play well, study much poker, all variants of poker play, but I have my job, maybe alun day win some big tournament and stick to professionalism as much money is needed and not just learn to play good poker

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i play online as a hobby and i play live to supplement my income.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not so good if you have poker as a career for yourself.Poker is a hobby and additional for my income, really not bad additional but do not forget that you have your own life without poker, work family and a lot of pthers.I like this game a lot but poker is not main in my life.

Dmitriy Zhadanov

Dmitriy Zhadanov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes poker is a hobby, and when there is free time can be two to three hours to play and get a small risk and excitement.

C

crystalakeyd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope making it a career, im inexperienced but my bankroll is building up and I hope to make it atleast a couple of bucks

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker as a hobby since I never won enough to think as a career. :(

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play as a hobby that pays for my yearly Vegas vacation...

Hi

Just wondering how much spending money you need for a week in Vegas? (room and travel excluded) As it happens I am playing to try and fund a holiday in 2015.

Also, how do you Amerians get on with the English tourists? is it a friendly amosmphere?

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a hobby for me. Much as I love playing the game and while I also make a modest profit playing the game I would hate to play poker for a living. Playing for a living would take away the enjoyment and turn it into a job and I do not like the idea of that.

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
l had started in poker as hobby and my interest. Now it s more than a game.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing last few years poker as a hobby which pays my expenses (from 2011 every year 5-figs net profit, although this year is close). Planning to play next year more and study in university less, as I'm trying to get enough money to buy my own apartment.

2002nt7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker it's my hobbie, sometimes i have free time and have fun playing poker. Some hands give adrenaline flash. I like it

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While poker for me it's just a hobby and it is not now the main source of income for me,but I'd love to turn a hobby into a profession because it is a wonderful doing things you love and receive at the same time earnings.

CTAnon

CTAnon

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker to me is strictly a hobby. Although I have grandiose dreams of one day living the poker life, I don't think I would handle the ups and downs of it. There's a few things in life I will always do without, one of which is borrowing money from anyone, and unfortunately I cannot stake myself for the time being until I get this freeroll account going.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because it is a very addictive game that develops mental abilities , but that does not prevent me from making this , so poker - my hobby with profit.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can't play more than 2 games at a time with any consistent success. Besides I play poker purely for the fun of learning a great game.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play is long term for me.

I just enjoy the game (hobby) while staying ahead with tight BRM.
One day Im hoping to withdraw from all my on-line accounts, put it all together & take it to Melbourne.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby and career.
If nothing is won - a hobby.
If you won - so earned (career).

G

Geldi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first it was interesting, then like now that tightens cant get out ... this is my stage in poker :)