Do You Get Nervous When You Play?

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Not nervous, I anticipate that I can earn lots of money and it makes me feel better

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is a bad way of playing poker while you are nervous you must calm down immediately otherwise you will loose ☝️

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well here we can say for sure that, Yes, but not always!

M

mashushik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calmness, only calmness — the famous phrase spoken by Carlson in the cartoon "the Kid and Carlson" - I try to stick to it.

S

subsinind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live: Even when I am nervous, I use my poker face - stubborn, no reaction, i don't care - f u attitude. Lot of other players find me intimidating

Online - I cringe and bite my nails and have a final laugh when I win with my 2 outers.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to control their emotions and maintain composure, because it is one of the most important qualities of a good player. I actively learn poker not only in practice but also in theory, why do so I get better and better

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I get nervous when I go allin its make me feel alive

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meanwhile yes, but I think that emotion needs to work on the when play at a table.

A

Alex12122312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, yes, this is my main mistake!

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am that kind of person whos getting stressed very easily when it comes to money :/ Thats why I couldnt play poker for living or do business probably... But I play mostly freerolls and micro stakes and I dont feel any pressure there. Maybe when I get deep into tournament, but its probably more excitement than stress :)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Haha nice thread! Many years ago I started play some freerolls,back then I remember myself shaking like a fish when I was all-in. Nowadays I play in my comfort buyin zone so I don't have anxiety.

I don't have experience in live game, I have played about 10 home games with friends with small buyins but I was doing just fine, they told me that they could find no read on me.But I really don't know.

On the other hand I am curious how I Would react in a big buyin tournament like $200+ .Maybe I will start shaking again like a fish haha

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not for nothing, it is the opposite to play poker relaxes me, from time to time when the result is not the expected one I alter a little but soon I return

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only nervous if its a big pot lets say deep in a touny. or a big cash game pot. But in normal small pot not that nervous. Upon seeing some pocket pairs like AA, KK, QQ might heart might jump a little thinking about how best to milk my opposition, but normally for me the nerves come if i am in a good position in a deep run and the pot is a big pot where u need to win

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker I try almost not to nervous ,as I mainly play in the freerolls playing for money I'm nervous as there is something to lose.

R

Runeloko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually tend to feel nervious when the it's a fast tourny. I don't like it tho that's why I don't really play those kind of tournaments anymore.

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really try not to be nervous, but it does not always work, especially in the online

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to get nervous when I played, but than I lowered my buyins to a value that doesn't matter as much. This way I can continue playing and not have any stress about the buyin amount.

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that everyone is nervous, but professionals do not show

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not so often, live games I usually shake my hands ! But Im learning to control this.

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get very nervous when the lose agro donks re raise me all in when i have AA and then bad beat me with trash hands
here is one example
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/19255553_01F252304D
Usually I hit the pc table & breathе deep :)
This people are making me to believe that poker is game just of luck and not of skill because they always badbeat me when i have monster hands (i cant understand how and what they think do they think ooh i have 72 i fell lucky lets go all in ?!?!)

You are right ... It is more tense to face against weak hands than against monster hands ... The irony is that many of these donks always have a lucky against the best players at the table.

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes. I to a look to, as Phillip Jerome Hellmuth))))))))))))) but it is rare!

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can be very angry when someone re-raise me all-in when i have AA,KK,QQ etc.. and then he win with trash hands, and it hapens very often.

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This week I was so nervous, because I dropped out of premier league, + even when I played for satellite bkno 7.5, 2x shootaut, 16 men, 2 going on, I'm on the 7 tournaments in a row dropped 3 have to tell you more

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not be nervous.
Teach yourself to pause prior to the outbreak of nervousness.
And during this pause, try to understand the distribution of the situation.
In this case, you will have time to come up with the idea about the correct course,
which may result in the distribution of winnings.
It is best not to miss the opportunity to discharge a quiet music,
pleasant melody swallow your nervousness.