Do You Get Nervous When You Play?

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started playing I would get nervous the first few tournaments I played in but not anymore.

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In live poker I'm practically not nervous, but online poker makes pretty nervous with their constant moves and coolers

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often get nervous playing live poker, especially during really big hands. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I have to hide my emotions and I can't just yell at my computer screen.

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I get nervous on live games especially when the pot is high and hit quads on the flop or a royal straight/flush can't help but twitch my foot or get sweaty palms

jarre1977

jarre1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I was nervous, especially when going all-in, but especially when I have a small bankroll.I even called my stay by myself when I lose with good hands, and the other is a really crappy cards.

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker the nerves are a very dangerous enemy, ay that to try to be calm and not to be anxious what will take that in the long run to obtain the correct results

J

joshua360

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nervous

I get nervous the first few times my cards hit a flop. But only when I'm playing live games. I think it is because I feel like everyone is watching me. Which, when making a bet, they are watching me.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I go all-in or around the bubble I get a bit nervous. For the rest, nope

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of gestures and facial expressions give a bluff at the table.This one helps, others hinders! Only a real psychologist can deceive everyone and almost completely extinguish their emotions, only such people fall into the big league of poker !!!

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I never get nervous, but I only play free rolls and micro levels.

If I were to play for some serious money, like more than I could afford to lose, then it may be a different story. But I can't see that happening anytime soon, as I'm struggling with the level I'm currently playing.

Last edited:
M

matenq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I've often been nervous when I have the nuts. Then I try to get as many chips as possible.

JOKE on YOU

JOKE on YOU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get nervous when I play live but when I drink a couple of beer it goes away

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it interesting to know how the human body reacts when we are under pressure and it is true that when we play poker we are more attentive most concentrated and we get nervous I must say that when I play poker I put something nervous sweat me a little hands think it is normal but when I have a bad beat my heart speeds up and meda anger not is how you react when they play poker are its symptoms and making to control This I usually listen to music to relax and I must say that poker is a sport of infarction jajajajaja

I think you're right, but it's not just poker. You are nervous when you are doing a responsible job, also at any job where success depends on you, you are nervous and this is a normal state of any person in our time. The whole situation in the modern world is an experience, most people, especially in developed countries, are each in a hurry to do more business and not have much to do, unfortunately (((We need to learn how to adapt and spend more time outside in the open air!

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with interface. It gets me hyped up and exited when I finally get AA or any high card and when I get broken (be it trash hands or not) it could anger me if its the last hand I get to play but just disappointed if I get to see other hands. The later disappointment is more frequent.

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do get nervous when playing poker, but i am not nervous the entire game. Now with that being said i am usually nervous on all-ins, on the bubble of a tournament, and when the pot is huge at a cash table and im bluffing. Other than those that i mentioned above im pretty calm lol.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With constant bad beats and downstrakes, after some time I lose interest in the game. Therefore, I go out and try to do what lifts my mood. In general I try not to be nervous) In tournaments with large prize money, in the TOP-100, when every successful hand drawing can bring a lot of money - you can not get away from nerves. A lot of adrenaline is allocated)

B

bartleby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get nervous in cash games a lot, even at smaller stakes (even at stakes where the amount is so small that I don't care about the monetary value...what is weird). In tourneys it's much better. Strange how the brain is wired that there is such a difference (at least for me).

I

irinafox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, i agree! Most nervious i lose at bubble or bad bluff. Sometimes i get panic, when i see how fish player going all in 10 times successively

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course. I was very nervous during the game. Especially, when the cards go bad.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My very first hand of my very first time playing live poker I was dealt KK and I folded it preflop because I was so nervous

I

igox97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofc i do ;p I am mad at myself when i do stupid decisons, and on cards when i lose with a good hand. But its poker we all know its unpredictible ;p

ritmos

ritmos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do You Get Nervous When You Play?
==============
Yes!Yes!Yes!
I am!!!
I scream bad words to the monitor, stamp my feet, throw my mouse - but only if there is no one at home.
:)

D

Dedman666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I get nervous when I play tourneys more than just regular games or in the league I play. I don't know why maybe because there's more on the line in tourneys and I want to make a good showing

A

Alaska_back

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The closer the first place the more the jaundice