Do You Get Nervous When You Play?

stevencool1

stevencool1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get nervous when i am around Pro players. more when i am not playing. they all are trading stories about their wins or bad beats, making my under $50 tourney's insignificant. i worked as a grip(roadie) and around big name groups. no one got my star struck. just weird.

G

galojmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I get nervous when my two cards are the same in the flop and anyone all in I would get nervos that time because is any one have three of kind can beat me but it's my luck mostly I win

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get nervous when i play big matches coz i am micro limit player abd i have won that big match ticket vai stallite.. playing that is very nervous. And bubble play of that match is even more nervous.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always try to avoid nervousness while playing at the tables but from time to time it is inevitable(

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am nervouw when i go all in or bluf. Other moments not really

Bertochi

Bertochi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only when I'm in a very important tournament , and have to take action risking my life on it ... until cold sweat lol

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not online but in live poker i used to get shaky when playing big amounts in a pot but i feel like when youget to a certian point of your poker career you get alot more comfortable playing in those big pots, and being calm is a must when playing live people are very good at catching those little signs that tell they player when you weak or strong and this helps with bluffing. but also you can use these emotions to fool them hen you can control your looks and reactions to make it look like your weak then you can get a leg up when trying to trap players when you have the nuts. when playing try to see these reactions yourself and it will help your game ten fold

E

Eduardo Paez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get nervous when I play final stages with high awards

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hello, I when I play poker online Usually I'm I'm concetrate and quiet, but when I play in live is difficult for me quiet, is more difficult to be quiet. I feel nervous usually.

DutchChefKef

DutchChefKef

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In real game I get nervous when I'm sure I will win the hand, don't ask me why xD
When I'm playing online I get nervous if I bluff and the other person takes too long to call or check

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I first started playing live games, I got nervous every time. I still get nervous when I win a big hand in live play.
I don't get nervous at all online. Irritated maybe, but not nervous.

billbaffles

billbaffles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to get nervous every time i entered a hand. I would bet pot with nothing and hope my opponent would fold and a lot of times they wouldnt and I would lose all my money. That was when i first started out. I remember getting nervous in live games with big hands like AA or KK but people still called. Sometimes though, i think everyone folded because they saw how nervous i had become and it was a tell that i had a monster. I also still sometimes get nervous playing online but what ive found really takes the nerves away is playing at a stake that does not change my bankroll much. Right now i usually buy in at .0006 of my total bankroll which really minimizes the money aspect and allows me to concentrate on the poker aspect of the game. I still get nervous calling large raises or moving all in with AA and then usually angry if i lose. I think nervousness and anger go side by side.

P

Potsize1234

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Riverstars

I get nervous when betting strong/shoving all in, knowing for sure I have the best hand at that time, but also knowing I might get called by someone with a weaker hand, hoping for an ace/straight/flush to come. 1 or 2 beers can help me being more relaxed and not getting angry at donk callers.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Mostly I get nervous when I have a great hand, move all in and get called...

Even when I've got aces preflop or have hit trips, I'm always fretting about getting outdrawn or something..

I call for my cards left to hit to get me through, haha...

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if I get nervous when I play. I don't want to lie and say that I don't, but I don't think I've really noticed it.

The main reason is because I don't care about losing money or getting knocked out a game or whatever. Stuff like that doesn't bother me. Nor do I care about bluffing and getting caught. I'm perfectly fine shoving 20 BBs on the BTN vs 6 limpers with AA as I am J2o. If people fold, great. If I get caught. I just say 'whoops.' and don't think twice about it.

R

rpgpro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just got back to poker trying to make bankroll from freerolls, i used to do this b4 and succed in making 0 to 20$ and eventually after a month of grinding i left playing i think mostly cuse i couldnt control myself when i lose and also playing too much time and getting into it too hard losing all my day...
nowdays ive grown up a lil in the past year or two.. and i put the challenge again to try and be consistent player and hopefully be professional if i make it.
so u ask if im nervous? yes very when i play poker 6 hours a day i sit and basiclly have full andrenaline throught all of those hours and getting mad hitting the computer desk.
this is the thing that mostly hurts me and i try to make better of it and meanwhile in the time i got back to poker like 2 weeks ago i think i improved ALOT in patience and last few days also playing with more control over my hours.
hehe so sorry if im abit off topic but thats me.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get nervous before I play but once I'm playing not so much, I feel more relaxed, especially after I've won my first pot. That helps a lot.

HowS

HowS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's natural to be come nervous if you are put in a place that you have never been before. I experienced this in competitive videos games many times. With experience, things gets easier.

D V

D V

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get very nervous when the lose agro donks re raise me all in when i have AA and then bad beat me with trash hands
here is one example
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/19255553_01F252304D
Usually I hit the pc table & breathе deep :)
This people are making me to believe that poker is game just of luck and not of skill because they always badbeat me when i have monster hands (i cant understand how and what they think do they think ooh i have 72 i fell lucky lets go all in ?!?!)

My guess/theory is;

.. Well they are "playing" the game, just for the kick/amusement/being able to say they "Poker"/etc. And when someone gives a good raise, they just start getting pumped and just live for the thrill of going all in.

This either making the other party fold(makes them feel like they "won"),

go heads up and win(even bigger "win", which will motivate them to do it even more)

or they lose(but they had the "rush", so they will take a break or whatever and pop up again later.

Yes, they are annoying, but they are also a possible "Sack 'O' Chips" you can use to bump up your own stack.

(my rambled opinion/thought on this)

More on topic: I found the more I play the more at ease I get, never really had the problem online, but live was a different thing..

All I can remember about my first live game is that I was already getting sweat on my the cards during the first hand. :eek: (Fact that it was in a small basement like bar filled with people did not help.. And of course.. summer.. :rolleyes: )

Ah the memories.. :D

Greetz.
D V.

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pressure

poker game includes a lot of combinations )) as you know))

when you in bad mood or in good mood it doesnt matter)))

hands are decide everything )) try to understand))):smile:

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get nervous at all and that's the truth. I think it's because of how much I'm thinking about the hand and what I'm going to do with it, and maybe I just don't notice any. Anyway I'm just glad I don't get bent out of shape about anything. The only 2 different ways I get at the table are happy and feeling good, or bored as hell, and soon quit when I'm probably down a little, and feel I probably will lose the whole buy in if I don't. Playing MTT's I'm laid back to start with, just trying to pick up some chips along the way. After the first break I start playing different by playing different hands, and get more aggresive in the right positions. And the closer I get to the bubble the crazier I get and may do anything at any time. But even if I'm on the bubble I pay it no attention. You all may not believe that but it true and really can be done. My whole point here and the bottom line for me is that if I'm nervous and playing scared money, how can I think of how to control the outcome of the hand and take the pot, or what to do when I feel behind, or many many things we all need to think about during every hand. No I don't mean let the clock run down if you are going to fold. Just take some time to think before you click anything. But any player should be very nervous when making big bets early with questionable hands. You more than likely will get called or raised, and most of the time you will lose your bet because the raise is to much to call with the hand, that is if you have the sense to fold. We all should be real nervous also when making a stone cold bluff without putting enough chips out there to move other players. Someway you have to make a believer out of them even with nothing. I don't suggest doing any crazy things like this without a few years experience trying it. I get caught a lot, but I win more.

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well I`m not nervous when I play online or live

Grimpus

Grimpus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I get alot of adrenaline flowing around even playing in micro stakes tournaments, I tend to invest alot of time and energy into playing tournaments, and I'm very competative. Obviously these games are somehow important to me, and I definately find the adrenaline wakes me up and can improve my game. However the adrenaline can also make me clam up and play badly.
I think remaining calm is the optimal way to play poker in the long run as adrenaline can drain energy and its a stress hormone so will not make you feel very good over the span of a tournament.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends for me, I don't get nervous when It comes to "Online", unless I'm making a monster bluff during "Bubble" vs a maniac/station/fish, who I'm sure has a 1 pair hand but am unsure If they "Fold/Call".

Now when It comes to live poker, I'm nervous the minute I sit down at the table, why? I always feel as If they somehow Just "Know", what they "Know", I have no clue, but I "Know", they "Know", If that makes any sense, lol