Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
for more than a month I've only been playing freerolls and I'm playing more and more poorly, as if I'm not as motivated anymore. When I played cash or a tournament on my by in I was much more motivated, I wasn't willing to make mistakes and we had comparatively superior results.
Do you think that by putting your money at stake you are more responsible in your decisions?
Why not just make the best possible decisions for each & every spot in every game you play?
Myself, it's all about the decision making process. To play poorly just makes no sense to me.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it is likely that when you put your own money at stake in a game of poker, you are more responsible and careful in your decision-making. This is because you have a personal investment in the outcome of the game, and losing your own money can be a powerful motivator to make wise choices and avoid mistakes :D

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, when something is more valuable, you are more inclinate to give it more attention and importance... Everything in life is more or less like this... I guess poker is not different. But you can reevaluate your goals playing freerolls and making them more valuable, like setting that you will use them to learn and improve your game.

Maybe it can help you getting excited for it again, my friend

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Doesn't playing AA pre-flop give you an adrenaline rush?

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
For more than a month I've only been playing freerolls and I'm playing more and more poorly, as if I'm not as motivated anymore. When I played cash or a tournament on my by in I was much more motivated, I wasn't willing to make mistakes and we had comparatively superior results.
Do you think that by putting your money at stake you are more responsible in your decisions?
It depends on the management capacity and the mental capacity you have to manage your emotions, I also think it depends on the importance you give to poker, there are people who only play to pass the time and have fun so they don't care much if they win or lose, they just want to have a good time. I think that motivation is a very complex topic and it is something temporary, no one I know and who has been successful always does things only when they are motivated, that is the real difference between professionals and us recreational or normal people, who only do something when we are motivated.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
to be honest, I play more risky in freerolls, only in private CC I play carefully and not always. Of course, the motivation is different. Probably, I have bad discipline or the price of victory affects me that way .

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, if you play for your own money you are more motivated, when you play freerolls you realize that you are not playing for money and therefore you concentrate less on the game.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
A real player doesn't care if it's your money or free rolls...
When daily card chat tournaments are held, the prizes are symbolic, but there is a challenge and incentive to win, not for the sake of money, but for the sake of the challenge...

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm still choosing the game types I like to play.

I play, freerolls, cash and zoom/snap.

Adrenaline? Not really the reason for me to play.

I actually don't like playing high on emotions...

But definitely it's not only money that makes me choose a table.

I tend to leave a table when it gets boring.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. I wanted to see some opinions about how the people here approach the game in certain phases. If everyone were detached and too quiet, I think they do just shadow on the ground

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Doesn't playing AA pre-flop give you an adrenaline rush?
Hello, I personally have a reluctance to venture to the maximum with a hand of aces, it's more exciting when you play against them successfully

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great question! Do you need sunshine? Do you need oxygen? Do you need fuel to survive ? …Adrenaline is next on the list… 🕺😛

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I try not to divide and stick to one rule everywhere, tk. every opportunity is a chance.

KevinRBTV

KevinRBTV

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I play much more aggressively in freerolls. 🤷‍♂️😂

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I hadn't played a freeroll is quite awhile(many years). They all were donkaments back then. Those you just threw it all-in with anything decent and hoped for the best.

Played a CC freeroll on pokerstars couple weeks ago on a Saturday. And to be honest was way different....was honestly surprised how well the play was when compared the old freerolls offered by the site's them shelves.

As for the OP question I always try to play a TAG style while also adjusting my style/play to the table/each player. Doesn't matter if it's CC freeroll or if I've paid my own way in.

Cheers!!!

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In order to stay calm I only play low stae and free games;)

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it depends if you want to play or not. Regardless of the type of poker you choose.
There are also other factors such as worries, obligations, etc. You decide the modality that best suits you, when you consider all these aspects. But if you are unmotivated to play, it is best to take a break and come back when you feel more focused.
Greetings.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is something that I would not like to feel, the adrenaline limits me, when I am in an action where I need to show my courage the adrenaline charge limits my reactions and concentration power, but this is good for the body because it helps to avoid and prevent dangerous situations.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if the tournament is paid, I play with more fear of losing. the freerolls give you more risk.

mbermejo174

mbermejo174

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
i think freerolls are great for practice and when you earn some prize its motivating. Of course adrenaline hits harder when you put money in that. People dont care at loosing in freerolls, but you can have the adrenaline if you whink about the money you can win without spent any

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you want to feel adrenaline in poker, play the 1ks spin go flash

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i personally like the adrenaline it makes me feel alive.
In poker, I also feel very good when I succeed in something that is out of the ordinary, succeeding in these situations gives me the courage to dare more.
Passive or can't lose game doesn't really move my heart. I started playing freerolls just to learn to focus, my aspiration is higher, for now I'm happy to be here where (to know in which waters I bathe)