Do you like have a drink or two while playing poker?

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I love But I always mostly make myself 1 liter of tea

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not drink anymore but I have in the past it never worked out to well for me! I guess 1 or 2 drinks may be alright but I never had just 1 or 2 lol

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes i like to drink a beer while i play poker...

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't usually drink alcohol, when I play I drink coffee and smoke cigarettes, it helps with anxiety

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If you are going to take poker seriously and win money in the attempt, it is not advisable to drink any type of alcohol, even if it is just a beer or a glass of wine, because that can cause some type of sleepiness and take away the concentration that is a bit must have when playing.

Now, if you're just recreational and want to drink while you play for fun ahead, it's your money you're going to lose. There are players who have lost opportunities to win more chips in a major tournament due to being drunk, an example of that: Roger Teska

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't drink alcohol while I play, it's something I don't recommend since you can lose your concentration and that's a mistake that can cost you a lot of money.

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I have a few alcoholic drinks, I play poker more calmly and get a rush of excitement. Well, I rarely play like that, so maybe I should drink more?😅

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when playing for fun why not, but we all know it's never a drink or two :D

D

diodi775

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I like to have a couple of cans of beer while playing, but no more than that.

K

Ketoupitou

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I never drink, but even if I was, I wouldn’t do while I play poker because it needs all my concentration.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The decision to consume alcohol while playing poker is a personal one that should be made with careful consideration. Here are some factors to keep in mind:

1. Impaired Decision-Making: Alcohol can impair judgment, concentration, and decision-making abilities. Poker requires sound decision-making skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to analyze information. Consuming alcohol may hinder your ability to make optimal decisions at the poker table.
  2. Emotional Control: Poker can be an emotionally intense game, and alcohol can further amplify emotions. It may lead to impulsive and erratic behavior, such as making reckless bets or getting involved in unnecessary confrontations. Maintaining emotional control is crucial for long-term success in poker.
  3. Bankroll Management: Alcohol can affect your judgment when it comes to managing your bankroll. Impaired decision-making may lead to reckless betting or chasing losses, which can have a negative impact on your finances.
  4. Focus and Awareness: Alcohol can impair your focus and overall awareness of the game. It's important to stay alert, observe opponents, and pick up on valuable information. Being under the influence of alcohol may cause you to miss important details or opportunities.
  5. Social Dynamics: Playing poker in a social setting often involves alcohol for many players. If you choose to consume alcohol, be aware of how it affects your behavior and interactions with other players. Maintain good sportsmanship and avoid engaging in disruptive or disrespectful behavior.
Ultimately, it's important to find a balance that works for you. If you choose to have a drink or two while playing poker, it's advisable to do so in moderation and be mindful of the potential impact on your gameplay and decision-making. Pay attention to how alcohol affects your performance and adjust your choices accordingly. It's essential to prioritize responsible and disciplined play to maximize your chances of success in poker.

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used to but it comes with odd decision making!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i do not drink beer or alcohol during poker . i prefer juice or water , rarely some coffee

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
While playing poker, I drink only soft drinks with sweets.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Alcohol or drugs i think is not the way to play in my experience y used to play worst with that

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I will have 1 or 2 at the most. Just start making mistakes if I have too many

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You take alcohol while you are in your poker session or energetic drinks such as Speed, Monster?
In my case I like to take almost everything, but instead of alcohol I prefer to take a Speed or a monster, a coffee. It's a custom already, it's something that I love :D
I drink beer. Always. I really like beer and without beer I can't play poker. What is needed for a good poker game?
Patience, discipline, skill, luck, free time and definitely BEER :)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't drink any alcohol while playing even in fun home games. I found it did not help but actualy hurt my game drinking and playing. Today I only drink chocolate milk while playing or a red bull or tea.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not drinking, I like eating popcorn.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During poker sessions usually only coffee and water. (within a limit, I think they can all have their benefits)

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Water is fine. It's always fun playing against alcohol drinkers. Much appreciated too.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I don't drink alcohol at all, also a energetic drink. I prefer coffe and water. When i play poker the last two (drinks) prevail.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The more you drink, the more you crave action. Combining alcohol and poker is fun. However, playing poker while drunk half to death is no fun at all, even if your behavior is otherwise impeccable.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everything that can harm your process of making clear decisions is not good for playing poker.
Drinking water, tea or any other not too influencing liquid is the way for me at the tables, no alcoholics, no drugs.