Do you like to eat while you play?

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only eat when im hungry..

It has nothing to do with poker, if im running like 10 hours straight i will probably eat something.

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In argentina we have an infusion known as Mate. I can't be playing for a long time especially in the morning and in the afternoon without doing some good mates. It helps me stay alert and awake (it contains caffeine), and I usually accompany them with something sweet or salty depending on the occasion.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to drink mate, which is a very characteristic infusion of my country.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eat

I try not to eat, but sometimes these tourneys are several hours so sometimes one has to. Not sure what eating has to do with poker though. GLTU.

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to drink mate or coffee instead of eating while I play!

emanuelorteg

emanuelorteg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything goes in must come out

I really don't like to eat or drink anything, more than anything because I feel uncomfortable if I have to go to the bathroom every now and then, but what happens to me is that I'm really an amateur and I don't spend much time playing.:D:D

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! I think, this is a good idea :) charging yourself food energy in during play,
because get to decide many different and often difficult tasks... And the brains need refeeding...:cool: Therefore,
I'm for food in time of game. I'm yourself so do, and advise other... But this only my private opinion,
and Good Luck Everyone!:driver:

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should at somepoint if you plan on taking down a tourney that takes 7 plus hours to keep the mind sharp

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to eat while i'm playing but ..it happens sometimes when i combine sngs with mtts and i don't have a break every hour

V

vaseatca2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When one tournament may be played 8 hours you need to eat to keep mind fresh with new energy and new power

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Obviously you must not be hungry while playing thus during long sessions you have to grab something to eat while playing.

But I don't like it per se, its a necessity.

B

bozo77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its not that i like, but i eat so much coz of the stressfull i am having while playing....

Rico Calde

Rico Calde

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I love it, especially if they are sweet ...
Eating something small is fine but if you eat to get full or stuffed, it can effect your poker game. Getting full or stuffed has been proven to make people tired, sleepy, lazy, etc.. So make sure you don't eat anything heavy. Salads, snacks or appetizers are always good. [emoji106]

Last edited by a moderator:
albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends if there is hunger, and what are you going to consume.for my taste it can be counterproductive since it takes away your focus, also to me personally if it is a very heavy meal makes me sleepy

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to eat while playing poker because if I'm hungry and I'm not lucid it's not good.

P

PokerZone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how long a tournament lasts.

I think dry snacks are okay or using an utensil, but it can get messy for my mousepad on my laptop if I eat a sandwich or finger foods that are messy or greasy. If can play on my phone (only some sites have mobile capability), then it is no problem to just wipe my phone with a mildly damp soapy cloth when needed.

It is also helpful to have a light meal before the tourney begins, so hunger won't distract me, especially if I am multi-tabling.

I also keep beverages nearby, so I don't have to rush to grab them between hands, as I like to watch the action even if I am not in a hand.

O

OnitheCroc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pizza baby

I love pepperoni pizza and ice cold coke

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course. I eat a large portion of bacon with fatty bread and a little bean soup with knuckles. :icon_clow
Just kidding! :icon_joke

I don’t like to eat while playing because it distracts.

Maybe a little chocolate because it’s good for the brain and that’s it. :D

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I really like snacking while playing, and of course beer is not to be missed either:D

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to eat while playing, but I only eat when I play just one table, if I'm multi-tabling I don't get to eat.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont eat during the game, but maybe some snacks or chocolate

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sweets make me sluggish i observe. Too much munching around is not productive too.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't eat while playing but I never play on an empty stomach either. Better to take a break and just eat a meal if you can IMO.