Do you have days when nothing goes right in poker?

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
I have almost all days like this. But I 'm used to it .

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Do you go through periods of fluctuation in poker?
Yes, the most important thing is to be convinced that it is not your lucky day and to stop playing poker and not to exaggerate in your belief that you can change this fate ;)

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Everyone has this kind of days and there's pretty much only one solution for variance- to put a lot of volume but that's only if your mental poker game is really good and you're able to play your A game even though you have many 'bad hands' in a short time... but if you can't play close to your A game because of this hands- it's better to finish the session early and maybe even take a short break and study important spots from your sessions...

GLGL all at the tables 💸💸💸

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course. Took me some years to learn to laught at it.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Many days and even if you change platforms it seems that bad luck follows you.
You have to breathe and start from scratch

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have more runs of bad games even though I am playing to win and then like magic I can do no wrong. I'm still having fun though and I'm content, not frustrated. If I relied on the prize money to live, I would have been on welfare many years ago!

C

chopofthebay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
There are days when it seems like I'm always drowning on the river

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that one day everyone has gone through this, and one day it will happen again, it's something that happens to everyone, the important thing is to move on.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course, i think everyone does.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just had it today , every tournament i played i lost with a bad beat and i played like 24 tournaments

R

rasam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we all have those days , at in the end , the difference btween people making it in poker is that they understand when they need to leave it and rest

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to look at it as being that much closer to the sunny side of variance.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is a brutal game. All we need to remember is it wont happen to us forever and we will get out turn to run good.

Mr_Cloud

Mr_Cloud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I get them too, comes with poler and lady luck.

Take a break is always the best idea and like most say, don't let your emotions cloud your judgement

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There really are days like this, it's horrible, we ask questions about the tournaments and hands we played, whether it really was the best decision at the time, the variance is tough even with the great professionals.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you go through periods of fluctuation in poker?
Of course, I also have bad days. But I do not think that this is a problem, for me it is rather a pattern. For me, poker is fun, and I don't stress too much if I'm unlucky, especially because I always stick to bankroll management, and because of that, the bad days aren't so scary for me :)

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Lately, sometimes I have days when at least something is going as it should :D All that remains is to amuse myself with fables and fairy tales that distance will return everything

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Ooooo yes. One day in month is everything false. I can't win even hand that after turn is 99 % my win. It's miracle, but it happens every time again. And not one or two hands on that evening. I lose many key hands on couple of tournaments. That are times I think that is not normal, but it is.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
oh yeah... it happens, and it seems like you're doing everything right and you don't come in with garbage, but you still lose. a couple of times it happened that at the beginning of the tournament you lose half of the stack, then you flounder a little, you dig around, but alas and ah, and at the right moment even a very good hand in a very good position loses some K4o

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Unfortunately, such days happen quite often. But I continue to hope that someday I will be very lucky

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Days???? I've been going through this for two weeks already - I've never experienced such severe drops before. There have been fluctuations, but to be in the negative for almost a month - it's very, very challenging for me!

B

braingueu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yeah, totally get it! Poker's like a rollercoaster, right? You win big, you lose some. It happens to the best of us. Just stay chill, learn from the rough patches, and don't let the good times get to your head too much. Keep grinding, man! Good luck at the tables! 🚀🃏

V

Viking26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has those periodes... If it s longer take a small break.. Otherveis you will lose more..

hexplore35

hexplore35

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I've been waiting 15 years for the bad streak to end ,but still try play better